• Quote of the Day
    "I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time."
    Anna Freud, posted by Daniel
I was diagnosed with major depression about three years ago and then about three weeks ago my diagnosis was changed to bipolar...I really want to be as educated as I can about this topic because I believe that if a person is educated about their diagnosis they can play a better part in working w/ their doctor on treatment options...so I am basically clueless about this and also I don't know if what I expierence is normal w/ bipolar or not...like my mood swings can sometimes be extremely fast and can change quickly...I think I read somewhere that bipolar children and teens are more likely to feel the quick mood changes (I'm 18, but my doctor thinks I have been bipolar for at least 8 years putting it around the time that my dad died)...I tend to stay more in the manic stage requiring little to no sleep for weeks at a time, but when I do swing downwards it's a hard and fast drop...just wondering if this is all normal and also if anyone knows where I can get some good info...thanks
Kelsey (kels)

PS: I'm impressed with the new forum features, i havent looked around a lot but what I see I really Like! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom