More threads by Retired

Retired

Do you use Google Toolbar?

Are there any concerns about it's being installed on one's computer, such as information being returned to Google or tracking by Google?

Do you have any hints or suggestions on setting it up, using gadgets and how to make it work better for you?

Sparrow

Just a personal preference, but I avoid add-on toolbars. While some can be a source of trouble, even genuine ones just aggravate me as a clutter of bells and whistles.
Perhaps a good question is how really valid is any add-on toolbar? Do you need one? Do you use it often? Does it really make your life easier?
I'm just speaking of personal use as opposed to a workplace.

Retired

I've avoided add on toolbars until now...and avoiding them takes considerable diligence since Java updates will try slipping in a toolbar and some intallation programs come with a toolbar included as the default.

However I recently saw a Google toolbar installed on a new Vista machine, and some aspects of it interested me such as having a Google search utility on the desktop.

I wonder how popular it is and what are the advantages or pitfalls of having it installed.

Lana

I've had the Google bar for a while now and like it. You can really customize what's on it if you choose to install it. And it doesn't seem to have adverse effects on performance.

I'm currently giving Google Chrome a try (browser). Odd thing, it loads Psychlinks way faster then IE, but, it's not as crash-free as suggested. But it is clean looking. I don't have the Google bar on it though (but will probably try installing it now) so not sure how they integrate yet.

Umm...hmm....Google doesn't have a toolbar for Chrome...just for Firefox and IE....in any event, Chrome is still work in progress, but I do like the Google toolbar.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
It's safer than go carts and more fun than Google News :D

But, seriously, I like the bookmarks feature the most since I have more than one machine that I use often.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
But, seriously, I like the bookmarks feature the most since I have more than one machine that I use often.

I use that a lot, too. Also the "search only this domain" and "domain whois" features, and the quick link to GoDaddy where my domains are registered, and a few others.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.