More threads by Ashley-Kate

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Re: Venting

I wish you could believe it too. You do not need to be any more perfect than you already are. You are you and that is all you ever need to be.

But you need to get through this crisis and you are going to need help (and medication in my opinion) to do that. The only thing you can not do is give up.

thanks, i will keep you all posted on what goes on tomorrow. my big appointment.....

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

It was horrible really how can going from 2 appointments a month be better and more helpfull to me right now then 2 appointments a week plus a doctor ever 2 weeks. thats there master plan stick me on meds and leave me alone for 2 weeks really.. really

Hun if you have too you call the hospital or go in if you become to unstable okay. Get your family to take you in as it is better to have an advocate there with you. I too think the medication when it kicks in will be so beneficial for you. You can always call your doctor as well Ashley-Kate I hope the meds kick in quickly for you hugs

thanks, I have been on this site for 6 years now you have all been such great help. I thought the hole struggle was over, I thought i could make it through sorry to those i am discouraging at the moment. inspight of my lack of hope i hope you know that its possible some do get better recovery is possible. Gee saying that hurts, to know it's possible and to see were i am at hurts, but i want you all who are fighting a disorder to know that we are never ready to get better ever we always feel there is some reason to hold on but to tell you the truth honnestly there is no reason to hold on to this disorder. The thing is she will kill you she doesn'T want you to be happy, she is not even real it's as if you had a cancer and you didn't want to have the chemo because you still need the cancer when all it is doing is killing you. the disorder is nothing she needs you to survive and not the opposit. Don't let the anorexia or bulimia murder you because think of her that way a murderer in your own body

it is possible Ashley-Kate it is and i know you are tired but now it not the time to let her win okaY
Use your resources your parents your boyfriend to fight for you now, you just keep what energy you have to keep you going
We are always here for you too okay like i said you have given so many hope here time to hold on to us now for awhile until you get feeling better
You can win and when the meds kick in you will have more energy to fight hugs

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

I just said this in a PM to you, Ashley, but I'm going to repeat it here.

I know you are scared. But you underestimate your strength. Not surprising because I know you don't feel very strong right now. But I can tell you that you are one of the bravest, gutsiest young women I have ever known. You have got through worse than this before and you will get through this. Find the stubborn part of you deep down inside and with her you just yell out at the whole world, "I will NOT let you beat me. I will not let you drag me down. I will look you right in the eyes and bring all my determination and anger and fear to bear as I tell you that I will defeat you, I will prevail!"

Nothing can beat you unless you allow it to beat you. You only have to do one thing: Persist. Don't give up. Refuse to give up!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.