More threads by AmZ

AmZ

You could always plan your next getaway :) How often do they let you venture into town?

There's also "occupational therapy" in the sense of doing things that you would normally do at home or work, e.g. learning a new computer skill. Have you mastered the Hebrew language yet? ;) (Since Hebrew is much harder to pronounce than Romantic languages like French or Spanish, I would find it very frustrasting/challenging.)

My next getaway. Sounds ominous! If I am feeling well then I can go out once during the week to town or the local mall. Then I can go to my sister's on the weekends like I was doing before too. Truth is, unfortunately I don't have any friends or family to meet up with so it's not like a great adventure to leave and perhaps if anything, is a little difficult to go out by myself during the week. My sister is 7 months pregnant and still working and has the baby to look after after picking her up from nursery and she lives about 2 hours away from the hospital on 2 buses so isn't easy to get too without it taking up most of the day just travelling. And I've got to be careful with my money in general!

It's funny you bring up about Occupational Therapy. For 10 months I've been hearing everyone say "רפוי בעסוק" (repuey b'isook) and I've been lazily translating it in to "the art room", but turns out, the official translation is Occupational Therapy! So that's what I've been doing each morning for 2 hours in the last 11 months! It's more art orientated but they have knitting, copper sheet work, woodwork, a computer and many more things too. The teacher just unfortunately doesn't bother expanding on more than colouring-in and at the most, the copper sheet work which I have done in the past.

I'm still working on the language. Well, working, not so much. I find it very challenging and frustrating indeed. I have the basics down pretty much and can have a basic conversation plus a little more. That's what happens when you immigrate and both work and study in English for your first 5 years here! My sister, however, did things differently and got herself in to working in a salad bar, hardly knowing a word of the language! From there, she built up her vocab and everything and now, after 8 years here, she sounds like a pure Israeli!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.