More threads by Kuroshashu

Well, two months later and the landscape is a little different. Contact has been re-established and further revelations revealed. Turns out that the lad also has a history of virtual trans-genderism. He's again interested in meeting me, although he's still a little skeptical at my claims of masculinity. He semi-believes that my saying I'm a man is an attempt to ward off an unwanted suitor. At any rate, it seems that no harm's been done and all that remains is to work out if we're both still interested in making something of it. Thank you all for your counsel, by the way.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
He's again interested in meeting me, although he's still a little skeptical at my claims of masculinity.

Well, of course, if you guys do decide to meet (and I have no idea if that's a good or bad idea), to be safe I would talk to him on the phone first before meeting him in a public place:

Make phone contact only after you feel comfortable — but definitely before your first face-to-face meeting. Be suspicious of someone who won't call you or let you call him.

Don't give out a home phone number until you are sure this is someone you want to see again. Almost all home phone numbers, even some that are supposedly "unlisted," are easily traced to the address. "You can also use an anonymous phone service instead of your cell phone for your initial communications if it makes you feel more comfortable," Tracy says. "Disposable cell phones are also an option."

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/hea...-marriage/singles-dating/online-dating-safety

Last edited:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.