More threads by Joseph

I have some friends who smoke weed from time to time. They consider it fun. I was wondering, how would you tell them that this is not OK from a psychology point of view?

Lana

Re: Weed consuming

Hi Joseph;

I'm not sure that there is a psychological or even medical perspective (albeit prescribed use for certain health conditions), but I'm curious what prevents you from expressing your own perspective to your friends?

Andy

MVP
Re: Weed consuming

I have some friends who smoke weed from time to time. They consider it fun. I was wondering, how would you tell them that this is not OK from a psychology point of view?
This is just my opinion and experience. I think that most people know that weed isn't healthy, they may not know the exact amount of damage it may or may not cause, but they do know it's not good.
If they are already doing it, and this is where it's just my opinion, I think you could tell them all the bad effects of smoking up but in the long run it will take either them getting sick of feeling like crap afterward (moody, depressed,memory loss etc), losing people out of their life, or god forbid something serious, for them to decide that it's not for them. Some may move on to harder substances because pot may "seem" fun at first but it gets dull after awhile and then your left looking for something new and "fun" again.
I just think that if they are already doing it and find it fun then you could tell them all the psychological effects but it will have to be their own decision. Again this is just my opinion from when I was younger, everyone is different and you might say something to one of them that just strikes a cord and they will decide to just quit.

I think it's great that you are concerned with their well being and want to help:goodjob: I hope you don't read this as me saying just "forget about them" or anything. I have been on both sides of this myself, and this is just how it was for me personally. :friends:

Last edited:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.