More threads by lallieth

lallieth

My dr believes that menopause begins long before the loss of the menstrual cycle...My cycle this month was 10 days early and 12days long( and still going) I called him this morning and he said "welcome to menopause" with the suggestion that if I go longer than a few more days, to come see him

I am POOPED....I have been feeling down for the past few days and little wonder! My energy is sapped,my ability to function impaired.I don't generally nap,but for the past few days have had to nap for at least an hour a day and that irks me

I just want to do NOTHING,but sit on my butt all day and watch tv...but I don't of course.

I dislike feeling down and non energetic :(

Retired

Menopause does seem to be a protracted process, lasting several years in many cases. Because of hormonal variations there can be mood changes in addition to the physical symptoms and signs such as hot flashes and irregular periods.

but for the past few days have had to nap for at least an hour a day and that irks me

Sometimes we need to modify our usual routine to accommodate the changes taking place in our lives and our bodies. Has your doctor recommended iron supplements?

Successful aging requires adapting to constant change
.......is a lesson I learned from my dear late Mother, and one I have seen implemented by older folks who age successfully.

lallieth

Menopause does seem to be a protracted process, lasting several years in many cases. Because of hormonal variations there can be mood changes in addition to the physical symptoms and signs such as hot flashes and irregular periods.

Sometimes we need to modify our usual routine to accommodate the changes taking place in our lives and our bodies. Has your doctor recommended iron supplements?

Successful aging requires adapting to constant change
.......is a lesson I learned from my dear late Mother, and one I have seen implemented by older folks who age successfully.

Hi Steve

My dr recommends iron supplements as well as B supplements,which I have been taking

Kanadiana

Ah ... I was just going to jump in and mention perimenopause :D

Lallieth (and everyone else interested) here's a link from Mayo about it:

Perimenopause: Signs and symptoms - MayoClinic.com

MENOPAUSE, I've read in official/legit sites is "you have reached menopause officially" once you've NOT had a menstrual cycle for one full year ;)

Some people seem to breeze through these hormonal events phases without much
effect at all and others can be very effected. I think of perimenopause as the "in transition phase" and thats when the ups and downs of symptoms happen, if they're going to, ... the closer a person gets to "menopause" the leveller things get :)

Kanadiana

Yeah, mentalpause is a relief after the PMS and the peri stuff :D

Actually it can probably help a lot for women to look back over their history
around these kinds of hormonal changes and how they were effected (or not ;) )
through those phases, and kinda know how they react and can plan and prepare
how to get through future transitions. Examples could be women who are prone to depression (when they first started menses, post partum times, etc) and if prone to depression maybe antidepressants a treatment that could be started before a depression hits too hard, sort of thing.

My history, in review, I had my deepest and worst depressions at every hormonal transition ... wish I'd had antidepressants through each one, especially post partum ;)

lallieth

lol@mentalpause..I like that..and I am SO ready for it to begin...my mom told me that life begins again after menopause.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.