More threads by Kman

Kman

HI there , im new to this site and saw it though a Google search about ODSP . anyways my question is , what ar my chances with getting ODSP on the first try ? i sent my application in exactly 39 business days ago . i realize they have 90 business days to reply . but my anxiety about it is killing me . I have a very supportive family doctor that filled out the forms on my favor , and a 5 page Psychiatric report also supporting my ODSP . i struggle with Social anxiety general anxiety ADHD tourettes syndrome and sudden and debilitating headaches , and on the restrictions section all are marked to last more than a year and all but 2 are marked continuous ( recurrent ) . i live with my parents and my mom filled out the form . im already a " dependent adult " on my moms ODSP . i just really need to know to keep my mind at ease . any thing will help .

Thank you .

If you have your doctor and your psychiatrist supporting this decision then i don't think you need to worry. I understand it is difficult thought to wait i hope you hear back soon. Let us know how it goes ok

Kman

just wanted to let you guys know i got accepted on Tuesday :) .. just waiting to get my first check haha hopefully it doesn't take too long

Kman

its almost been 2 weeks and my ODSP office and worker still haven't received my file .. does anyone know if i will receive my backpay when i get an appointment with my local office ?

Kman

still haven't heard or received anything , called yesterday , and hes waiting for my file , i only live 2 hours away from Toronto , idk why it takes almost 3 weeks :/

Waiting is hard part but you have been accepted so it should happen soon and you will get back pay

Is there a number on the letter you received from government or perhaps if you call 1800 OCanada they can inform you how much longer it will take before you receive first payment.

Kman

yeah thats true , its just been 3 and a half weeks almost since i got the letter , just getting impatient :/

Did they give you any notice of how long it would take to receive your first check. It depends i believe on how many they have to process i guess Hopefully you will receive it soon

Kman

so after almost 4 weeks i have an appointment on monday morning . although ive been waiting for 5 months ( 6 technically ) they only asked for bank statements bank till April ( no activity in my account whatsoever ) .. do you think ill still get the 5 months back pay or only 3 ?

You will get the back pay from the time they said you were eligible i believe It is good you got the appt on Monday so there is movement forward now Let us know how it goes ok

Kman

like back when they got my odsp package ? .. sorry i don't know any of this and in the past 5 months ive racked up quite the debt since im not on OW or welfare .

Kman

turns out that the appointment was to just sign some papers so he can grant the file , but with the new system they are using its taking longer than the usual 21 days they have . and my workers wife is expecting a baby in like 4 days now .. that'll probably delay things .. but he said he would try and get " the cheuqe " ready this week . no mention of back pay though .. although i had to ask how much i would be getting each month , he didn't mention it to me . so im just hoping i will have backpay

Hope you received your disability check and that the backpayment check as well was given to you. I know it is hard to wait but once things get going then it will be less stressful for you.

Kman

Not yet . my file hasn't been granted . and my jaw is coming out of place , i can't eat or sleep due to the pain . but i have to wait for my file to be granted inorder to get benefits

Like you said his wife was due to have a child anyday I am sorry he did not pass your file onto someone that could finish it so hard i wonder if they understand how hard the waiting truly is for someone Sounds like he did say it would go through though and the check would be written

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.