More threads by forgetmenot

So someone i know had till today to get finances to get into a therapy home for 3 mths
Went to doctor not once but twice and got OHIP to cover her stay
The place said they would give till today she called 9 am told them she had OHIP coverage
Doctor faxed and called the home as well with number They told her there was no OHIP beds available
They did not want to take her in after they found out she did not have insurance
Yet she continued to fight she went to bank and got a line of credit because the home said there was no ward beds
Instead of charging her difference between ward bed and semi private bed the gave away her bed after 3 mths of waiting they gave her bed away
she had until today to pay she got a line of credit out to pay the price they changed 3 times from 10.000 to 11.000 now 16.000 dollars
The home told her they could not wait for ever yet she had until today to pay Bank personell even question them about this
There is no care really they did not work with her at all she did all they ask her to do and they still gave her bed away now she waits another 3 mths who knows if she will make it until then

all they had to do was to accept the OHIP statement from doctor saying they would cover her and charge her difference for semi private bed but no it is not about care it is about money

HBas

Sometimes that seems too true. My colleague's baby died outside the third hospital that did not want to accept her because she did not have insurance.

Unfortunately health care also costs a lot so we cannot judge an institution for doing things the way they need to do to prevent people from exploiting them.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope that she will be okay and that things work out for her :(

Hugs

my friend had coverage but they refused to take ohip coverage or let the person cover difference between OHIP and semi

and how sad this world is when a baby has to die because of money

it is very very sad and very very sick part of the health system where only the people they chose to help get the help

the ones that need it the most do not get the help. they just don't.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.