More threads by GDPR

GDPR

GDPR
I miss the days when Psychlinks used to be fairly active,and I miss 'seeing' everyone.So I was thinking(and hoping) that if any of you happen to drop by,maybe you could pop in here,in this thread,and maybe update us on how you are doing,what you have been up to,maybe say hello or at the very least just post a smiley face or something if you don't feel like saying anything?

Psychlinks has been,and has felt like 'home',and I miss my family members,so please pop in sometime soon and say hey!

Retired

It may be a combination of factors...time of year when people are getting back to the busy routine, changes in life and commitments of a number of people...

Some of us are around, but you're right, Forum traffic has slowed down.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I feel exactly the same LIT!

(Except the difference with me is I'm a moderator and I'm sure I probably should be doing more in terms of helping more traffic to flow...)

Heck, I like the smiley idea though! Sometimes I want to say 'hey', but I honestly don't know what to... say.

I'm totally gonna go start a thread now of "Post a smiley of your current mood or what you're up to today."

Hey, maybe there's other peeps out there who have as little to say, but would find the thread fun. :)

amazingmouse

Account Closed
Doing the right thing is sometimes wrong. Experience comes only by making bad decisions and at the end brings good decisions. :coffee:

---------- Post Merged at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:01 PM ----------

The truth is, everybody on here misses the active participation of the previous administrators, who have volunteered to help many people.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The truth is, everybody on here misses the active participation of the previous administrators, who have volunteered to help many people.

That's part of the problem, for sure. In time, I may be able to become more active again, once I resolve my health issues. Sometimes, our off-line lives insist on taking precedence.

Banned

Banned
I think, too, a lot of people come here when they are in crisis and need help and support. As they get better, they feel like they need the forum less so don't come as often.

While I check in daily, I have so much going on in my life right now I don't have the energy or even the words at times to participate as much as I used to. I'm not here for myself anymore, but to help out David and be an extra set of eyes for him. I just suck at participating.

GDPR

GDPR
I think, too, a lot of people come here when they are in crisis and need help and support. As they get better, they feel like they need the forum less so don't come as often. .

I agree with that.And for myself,I don't post near as much as I used to the years I was constantly in crisis mode.As I have got better I have posted much less.I do try to post though,because for me personally, I feel I want to try to give back for all the help I have received,stay active,by posting,even if it's just playing the word association game.I still do post for support and advice at times though.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
All the reasons for non participating or low participation are totally understandable. We're all humans after all with so much going on in life, and in our bodies and in our heads...

Oh for the day when this fabulous forum will have a team of amazing human-simulating CareBots, whose only purpose is to care for and help others. :D

But presumably, they will have never needed care themselves or gone through anything similar, so I wonder if they would even be able to do the job....?????

HBas

Hi Guys,

Well, I am still in South Africa, Dating the same Gent that saved me from my abusive ex. He is still trying to get me to work with money better lol but I am lost at times. My son is still the top person in my life and he is doing great.

Only thing that has changed is that I started a new job after 18 years and am struggling to keep my head above water cause it is completely new and very hard work - I am a quality Technician for a company that deals with automotive leather now :)

Miss you all, Hope you will be better soon Dr. Baxter and great to see the old names!

Yours always, Hbas

Mari

MVP
Health issues and PTSD still keep me on a roller coaster ride. On bad days I just want to sleep and on good days I try to get out and about. I still need to keep a box of tissue for my tears in every room. I recently retired but almost as soon as I did I was offered a job! It is only part-time and I can mostly set my own hours so that is nice. Even on the forum I am shy to say anything as I constantly worry about saying the wrong thing :noidea: actually I worry about everything :facepalm:

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Yeah, really nice to hear from all popping in! Hi CD and Mari! 🌼

Really understandable, and everyone has their own style in a group or community, anyway - lots of people have a very very quiet style even at the best of times.....

Feel free members, if you have any thoughts, feelings or feedback on things that might hypothetically make it easier to participate, I believe somewhere there might be a feedback form of some kind? Dang, I need to get back on the main site so I can look for that....

Last edited:

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I'm still here too. I've been busy with work, my mom and my husbands retirement paperwork etc. We have a large yard so spent the summer working on making the yard more practical for two getting older people :) I have to share that I am in a good place right now after two pretty shaky years.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
So lovely to hear that R! Good for you, and lovely to see your icon pop up. It does make me feel calm. 😊

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.