More threads by GDPR

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Aw thanks so much for that MHJ! That is one of the nicest compliments I could ever hear.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
When I first came here RDW I had never seen / learned of those posters before, those British wartime morale posters and the styles that became popular copying them. I just saw the message on your icon and thought, "Yeah... that's such a simple and good message...." Like, obviously for those with panic or anxiety as an illness it is not simple, but in general....

...just a simple reminder like that, of giving oneself a calming message and going on with things.... and remembering that that is what is constructive.... I can see how that could have created a purposeful and hopeful attitude in the situation that those posters were designed for. Knowing also the story and the fact that that nation did carry on and worked carefully and committedly to get through that time and achieve certain things, and then the world did see better times, is a nice thing that I often think of when I see it.

Hi everyone!
I'm guilty of not stopping by more often. And, I agree with the comments already posted. My life has been very busy and at times stressful. Our son graduated from high school in June and that almost did not occur as he was still had assignments to be submitted. It took a lot of parental pressure on him to get the work completed. He finally decided to go to junior college and that was drama. And, just this week he landed a job. My husband and I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary this month.

Still seeing my therapist and finally working on issues that I've been putting off. I too miss David's thoughts. Yet, health is far more important. This website and those who support it should know that I am glad you are here. You have been a big part of my support time for a long time!!!

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
You've done well to take care of yourself through all of that, Jesse910, it certainly would take most if not all of your time. And great work in continuing on in your journey and great to see you.

I do think it can be still so supportive just reading a forum activity from time to time, even when we have no questions to ask or news or whatever, but just knowing people are still 'there'. This thread actually has made me feel so happy to know that that is in fact the case - these good people I care about are in fact still 'around' and checking in sometimes, I just can't necessarily see them doing that unless I check Recent Forum Visitors.

It is really nice to know. 😊

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.