More threads by jkb

jkb

in my life?????? :( If its not one thing it's another and I don't understand.

I'm barely getting over all the previous stuff I have written about. That still hasn't been totally rectified, yet is slowly coming to an end. Very slowly.
\
Examples:

For instance, on top of the other stuff i have mentioned I have had some weird reaction to either a conditoner or shampoo or its my water or??? For it has been stripping my hair of color. Make a long story short, no one knows what it is..So i have to somehow find a way to get a new conditioner and shampoo. (mind you what happened sparked my anxiety level way up!!!!!! )

Then today, I have a huge headache, all day.

I have no idea why a few 'friends' online have stopped contact with me pretty much..NONE..I have written a nice email awhile ago to them and nothing..

It just seems that there is always something going on ..and I don't understand.

Why?

Why can I just not have one week of nothing? Honestly is that unfair/unrealistic?

Sorry..just needed to vent..

Jen.

PS Not to mention the continous stress and questioning still from my parents about every little thing!!!!!! Yes i'm tired of them..mostly my mother and her unkind words..etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jkb

in my life?????? :( If its not one thing it's another and I don't understand.

I'm barely getting over all the previous stuff I have written about. That still hasn't been totally rectified, yet is slowly coming to an end. Very slowly.
\
Examples:

For instance, on top of the other stuff i have mentioned I have had some weird reaction to either a conditoner or shampoo or its my water or??? For it has been stripping my hair of color. Make a long story short, no one knows what it is..So i have to somehow find a way to get a new conditioner and shampoo. (mind you what happened sparked my anxiety level way up!!!!!! )

Then today, I have a huge headache, all day.

I have no idea why a few 'friends' online have stopped contact with me pretty much..NONE..I have written a nice email awhile ago to them and nothing..

It just seems that there is always something going on ..and I don't understand.

Why?

Why can I just not have one week of nothing? Honestly is that unfair/unrealistic?

Sorry..just needed to vent..

Jen.

PS Not to mention the continous stress and questioning still from my parents about every little thing!!!!!! Yes i'm tired of them..mostly my mother and her unkind words..etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eunoia

hey jkb! I wish I could tell you whether these things keep on happening for a reason or if they only happen to you or whether there is a reason why they keep on happening to you... but I have no idea. I do think though, that no one has a picture perfect life (I was actually just trying to get that point across to my mom recently as she seems to think only us or her or whoever has it bad in whatever way). Do some people go through more difficult stuff, and does life throw them more curbballs? Yes. Are some people just good at handling a lot of stress, conflict, problems in terms of their personality, good social support systems? Yes. But I guess you can't change what happens, and yes, at some points, it feels like there's never a break. So even the slightest things seem like things are horrible, b/c it's just one more thing to deal w/. The one thing I have found to be helpful is remembering that you've made it this far so you can make it another day and that life has a way of keeping you occupied- think of Murphy's Law (I think that's the name): things will go up, but they're bound to come down again. but then they will go back up etc.

if you think about it, rarely do we ever deal w/ one issues in "x" amount of time and then swipe it away like it was never part of our lives... so the fact that you're still working on and dealing w/ "old" issues is ok. it's a continuous process!

what's going on w/ your parents? you had mentioned a few things in another post, but I'm not totally sure... maybe try talking to them about how they're reacting to you/ making you feel? you know, it's ok to take a break from family once in a while too.

in terms of your online friends, do you mean that they have stopped contacting you completely? or just not a lot in the last little while? (you said a while ago). I find that people are just busy w/ their own lives and as much as you or I would not wait this long to respond to an email, others just get caught up in things and wait until they have more time to remember. don't take it personally unless you think there is an actual reason behind why they're not replying. you could try sending a quicky "hey, I'm still here" message again too... but don't let this get you down.

is there any way you could just "take off" a week?? ie. going away somewhere (it doesn't have to be far away) or taking some time off work/school (I don't know which one you do...)...and if not (as most of could not just take some time out) take some time out for yourself each day, and focus on YOU and things that will make YOU happier, even if it's just 10 min of relaxing and doing nothing.

Eunoia

hey jkb! I wish I could tell you whether these things keep on happening for a reason or if they only happen to you or whether there is a reason why they keep on happening to you... but I have no idea. I do think though, that no one has a picture perfect life (I was actually just trying to get that point across to my mom recently as she seems to think only us or her or whoever has it bad in whatever way). Do some people go through more difficult stuff, and does life throw them more curbballs? Yes. Are some people just good at handling a lot of stress, conflict, problems in terms of their personality, good social support systems? Yes. But I guess you can't change what happens, and yes, at some points, it feels like there's never a break. So even the slightest things seem like things are horrible, b/c it's just one more thing to deal w/. The one thing I have found to be helpful is remembering that you've made it this far so you can make it another day and that life has a way of keeping you occupied- think of Murphy's Law (I think that's the name): things will go up, but they're bound to come down again. but then they will go back up etc.

if you think about it, rarely do we ever deal w/ one issues in "x" amount of time and then swipe it away like it was never part of our lives... so the fact that you're still working on and dealing w/ "old" issues is ok. it's a continuous process!

what's going on w/ your parents? you had mentioned a few things in another post, but I'm not totally sure... maybe try talking to them about how they're reacting to you/ making you feel? you know, it's ok to take a break from family once in a while too.

in terms of your online friends, do you mean that they have stopped contacting you completely? or just not a lot in the last little while? (you said a while ago). I find that people are just busy w/ their own lives and as much as you or I would not wait this long to respond to an email, others just get caught up in things and wait until they have more time to remember. don't take it personally unless you think there is an actual reason behind why they're not replying. you could try sending a quicky "hey, I'm still here" message again too... but don't let this get you down.

is there any way you could just "take off" a week?? ie. going away somewhere (it doesn't have to be far away) or taking some time off work/school (I don't know which one you do...)...and if not (as most of could not just take some time out) take some time out for yourself each day, and focus on YOU and things that will make YOU happier, even if it's just 10 min of relaxing and doing nothing.

JKB,
I really do understand how you feel, the past three years have been full of things to deal with and sort out, and like you it has been one things after another, I sometimes get a couple of days break and it feels marvellous and then something else happens and something else, please dont think your alone because your not!

JKB,
I really do understand how you feel, the past three years have been full of things to deal with and sort out, and like you it has been one things after another, I sometimes get a couple of days break and it feels marvellous and then something else happens and something else, please dont think your alone because your not!

Heather

Sorry to hear it but I unfortunately can relate, dunno if that helps, but at least you know you are not alone.

Heather...

Heather

Sorry to hear it but I unfortunately can relate, dunno if that helps, but at least you know you are not alone.

Heather...

jkb

Ty all very much..

I do need time off :( big time..no i can't go anywhere due to the agora and money.

Ok i need to skip some things and ask /vent about something..

MY mother is darn nervy!!!!!! i can't handle them/her anymore :( :( She called housing help to try and get the worker i was dealing with to talk about me!!!!! without asking me anything..she is just ..i can't describe it right now....If you have follwed my journey here you'll understand why i called housing help...

what do i do with her? she is causing me sooooo much stress...to much..

ontop of it all..just i don't know...i haven't recooped yet!!!!

The woman from housing help called me to tell me..and to see if it was ok to call her back. I said NO.

I tried calling and no answer..

She is def. one of my biggest sources of stress..and i need a break :( :(

i emailed my father with all info and said that i just needed tolay low etc..and that he could email me regarding things..cuz i just don't want to talk tonight...

sorry..stressed galore..

jen :(

see what i mean? always something..:( :(

Not to mention pms is starting early which alway increases my anxiety:(

jkb

Ty all very much..

I do need time off :( big time..no i can't go anywhere due to the agora and money.

Ok i need to skip some things and ask /vent about something..

MY mother is darn nervy!!!!!! i can't handle them/her anymore :( :( She called housing help to try and get the worker i was dealing with to talk about me!!!!! without asking me anything..she is just ..i can't describe it right now....If you have follwed my journey here you'll understand why i called housing help...

what do i do with her? she is causing me sooooo much stress...to much..

ontop of it all..just i don't know...i haven't recooped yet!!!!

The woman from housing help called me to tell me..and to see if it was ok to call her back. I said NO.

I tried calling and no answer..

She is def. one of my biggest sources of stress..and i need a break :( :(

i emailed my father with all info and said that i just needed tolay low etc..and that he could email me regarding things..cuz i just don't want to talk tonight...

sorry..stressed galore..

jen :(

see what i mean? always something..:( :(

Not to mention pms is starting early which alway increases my anxiety:(

jkb

:( :( :(

I don't know what to do...

My parents dont believe a word i say. They don't believe ODSP is giving my landlord a letter and my rent each mth etc..etc...they don't believe ODSP does anything...i'm being told i lie..this is all in emails..they won't talk to me on the phone..i had to call later tonight cuz i needed my dads fax number so i can give them proof of all...

how do i handle this ultimate rejection now..

I don't need more stress..i feel horrible..

what kind of parents tell u they don't want to talk to u..what kind of parents tell u not to call, go behind your back, belittle you??

how do i deal with this..i gotta let go somehow..i am so stressed still..

I'm still in this fight..but my god its damn hard doing it alone..doing with parents (they only real life people in my life right now).that do this all..

Sorry..

jen..

I feel so small..

jkb

:( :( :(

I don't know what to do...

My parents dont believe a word i say. They don't believe ODSP is giving my landlord a letter and my rent each mth etc..etc...they don't believe ODSP does anything...i'm being told i lie..this is all in emails..they won't talk to me on the phone..i had to call later tonight cuz i needed my dads fax number so i can give them proof of all...

how do i handle this ultimate rejection now..

I don't need more stress..i feel horrible..

what kind of parents tell u they don't want to talk to u..what kind of parents tell u not to call, go behind your back, belittle you??

how do i deal with this..i gotta let go somehow..i am so stressed still..

I'm still in this fight..but my god its damn hard doing it alone..doing with parents (they only real life people in my life right now).that do this all..

Sorry..

jen..

I feel so small..

jkb

suggestions? ..

Can stress/anxiety cause your immune system to go down? I'm sick again with the cold..can stress do this?

What can i do?

I really want to get better..and get a break..

ty to anyone who replies..

yeah..i'm feeling a tad lonely.and sick with the same head cold..

(hugs) jen

jkb

suggestions? ..

Can stress/anxiety cause your immune system to go down? I'm sick again with the cold..can stress do this?

What can i do?

I really want to get better..and get a break..

ty to anyone who replies..

yeah..i'm feeling a tad lonely.and sick with the same head cold..

(hugs) jen

jkb,

I get this alot, after something bads happened and my aniextys been bad, starts with a sore throat and cold symptoms. I take Vit C and Zinc now and it seems to help ease the symptoms. My G.P. also said it can be when you dont go out alot (I'm Agrophobic) that your immune system isnt so resitant to viruses and stuff and your more likely to catch whats about outside, so I try and get out for a little walk each day , just down to the pond, feed the ducks and back, it has helped.

jkb,

I get this alot, after something bads happened and my aniextys been bad, starts with a sore throat and cold symptoms. I take Vit C and Zinc now and it seems to help ease the symptoms. My G.P. also said it can be when you dont go out alot (I'm Agrophobic) that your immune system isnt so resitant to viruses and stuff and your more likely to catch whats about outside, so I try and get out for a little walk each day , just down to the pond, feed the ducks and back, it has helped.

Eunoia

I agree that stress can definitely impact your immune system- it happens all the time w/ exams! and just think of people w/ chronic ilnesses or a severe ilness already affecting the immune system, ie. cancer, they're working very hard to decrease stress because it leads to even lower immune functioning. same w/ anxiety, I think our bodies get so wrapped up about things psychologically and mentally that we don't pay attention to taking care of ourselves consciously but unconsciously the body is trying to respond constantly to elevated levels of stress that it can't keep up w/ everything else at the same time. thus, chronic stress can become a problem! and it sounds like you have a lot of stress going on. I posted something on stress busters on the stress/anxiety board... check that out just for general ideas but try to pick those that suit you the most and seem to be the most doable in the ST and LT. I think through-the-eyes had some good idea espec. if you're dealing w/ agoraphobia... try to do a little each day to take care of yourself, just to have some time for YOU. taking care of your body and mind will help you getting de-stressed or at least being able to learn better coping mechanisms and react differently when stress flares up.

Eunoia

I agree that stress can definitely impact your immune system- it happens all the time w/ exams! and just think of people w/ chronic ilnesses or a severe ilness already affecting the immune system, ie. cancer, they're working very hard to decrease stress because it leads to even lower immune functioning. same w/ anxiety, I think our bodies get so wrapped up about things psychologically and mentally that we don't pay attention to taking care of ourselves consciously but unconsciously the body is trying to respond constantly to elevated levels of stress that it can't keep up w/ everything else at the same time. thus, chronic stress can become a problem! and it sounds like you have a lot of stress going on. I posted something on stress busters on the stress/anxiety board... check that out just for general ideas but try to pick those that suit you the most and seem to be the most doable in the ST and LT. I think through-the-eyes had some good idea espec. if you're dealing w/ agoraphobia... try to do a little each day to take care of yourself, just to have some time for YOU. taking care of your body and mind will help you getting de-stressed or at least being able to learn better coping mechanisms and react differently when stress flares up.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.