• Quote of the Day
    "You are much deeper, much broader, much brighter than any idea you could have of yourself."
    Harry Palmer, posted by Daniel

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
How long does that usually take?

They make it seem relatively easy with the WD-40:

"Clean your bike chain quickly and easily"

It used to take me a long time to clean the chicken coops until I found products to make it easier. I can clean a chicken coop in 5-10 minutes now compared to a half hour at least. (I just spray with a no-rinse enzyme cleaner before and after putting a new layer of bedding down. Like the 80/20 rule. I can clean most of the coop with just 20 percent of the effort I put in before. It does cost more money, but I keep the coops cleaner now since less work is required.)

Last edited:

gooblax

MVP
It takes me an hour. The slow part is trying to get the dirt off my gears. I have a chain cleaning device to snap over the chain and pedal backwards to run it through the brushes which is very easy. But I find it hard brushing the gears, just moving the grit around, then trying to get a cloth or paper towel in to wipe it away.

I finished it about 50 minutes ago, then had to hang out my laundry, and now I'm recovering energy before walking to the grocery store... but I haven't decided what groceries to get.

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
Maybe your local bike shop has tips for faster cleaning of the gears?

The method above uses pipe cleaners. Another option I read is to remove the gears/cassette.

Last edited:

Top Bottom