More threads by GDPR

PrincessX

Account Closed
I do not know LIT... While a "Happy Thanksgiving" wish is always nice, it might not be enough to give her the main message, which is that you regret having lost connection with her and you are asking her to reconnect.
I was in a similar situation with a "Happy Birthday" wish from a long forgotten relative. It caused me more confusion than anything else. I was wondering why this person suddenly decided to wish me a "Happy Birthday". Was it just a random act of kindness or did they expect me to reply, or what was I supposed to do. In my case it was more an act of ambivalency about whether we should re-connect or not. But in my opinion just a wish is not enough to reveal one's intentions to reconnect with a long forgotten relative. You should somehow deliver your message to her.

GDPR

GDPR
I do not know LIT... While a "Happy Thanksgiving" wish is always nice, it might not be enough to give her the main message, which is that you regret having lost connection with her and you are asking her to reconnect.

I thought If she responds to the happy holiday message then I would send another and ask her how she has been doing,how her kids are,etc.and see how it goes from there.

I don't feel like I should send her one telling her I want to reconnect,I would rather just go with the flow and let her lead.I wouldn't want to send one saying I want to reconnect and then have her block me,I'm not even sure she would want to hear from me at all and I don't want to set myself up for that kind of rejection.

PrincessX

Account Closed
Hey, sorry LIT, Dr. Baxter and you must be right. I was trying to give an advice, but to be honest my social skills are not the greatest :(, so I was judging on my own responses in a situation like this. I guess most people need a less effortless approach, when someone is trying to befriend them. Good Luck!

GDPR

GDPR
Thanks,but there's no need to apologize.

Its not that Dr.Baxter and I are right and you're wrong,I just think maybe this is the best route for me to take in my situation.

GDPR

GDPR
With everything that's been going on in my life lately,I forgot about her again.

But I did just send her a FB message,so I guess I will wait and see if she responds.I am not expecting anything from her though,I will be disappointed if she doesn't,but at least I know I tried.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.