More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
:lol: This thread made my night tonight. I love it when I can "Perch" here and laugh my "Sole" out. None of you deserve to be tanked...this is absolutely a reli"reef"
Thank you.

....Ok, so I'm not great at puns...give me a break. I loved this thread. :)

I think PSL (Puns as a Second Language) is actually pretty impressive.

But herring all this makes me fear this thread is becoming a disgrace to the net. There's a plaice for puns and I'm afraid this thread is going overboard.

Let's all try a grouper hug and see if we can reel it in.

Jazzey

Account Closed
No, I really, in my sole of sole, believe that we're all good at the albacore. Getting tanked wouldn't serve any purpose other than just feeling sardine for ourselves. And, what precisely is the goal of that? none. Other than again feeling sardine for ourselves, and perhaps just helping us to clam up...:) Ain't no rhyme no reason to that, none of us are that eels...

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I think we are all caught up in the big net. Wonder if there is a "catch and release" policy around here. Hopefully we are out of season at this time of the year. It would be illegal to keep us :D

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I need to be tanked like a fish needs a bicycle :lol:

Good one, Nic! :)

Fish on a Bike

Why FOAB?

"Man needs Religion like a fish needs a bicycle" ~ Vique's Law

..and if anybody knows who Vique was I'd love to know. A Spanish philosopher?

Whatever - undeniably FIRST for fish on bikes.

"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" ~ Irina Dunn

No, not Gloria Steinem, although she is often credited with the phrase.
Not U2 either (Throwin' Your Arms Around the World off Achtung Baby). Long time after.

I have to admit I thought it was Gloria Steinem. :eek:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"

That was written on the blackboard one day when I came in to teach a class. So I asked the students if the reverse could also be true:

"A man needs a woman like a bicycle needs a fish."

Jazzey

Account Closed
:lol: I happen to really like Gloria Steinem and all that she's accomplished in her life...:panic:

I won't allow any slander about her. :D (or is that "flounder" :panic:)???

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I hake to be a piker, but I think this thread has gone from brill to hoki... I suspect we've milkfish-ed it for all it's worth... it's gone belly up... it's time to boat this bass. :bart:

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I hake to be a piker, but I think this thread has gone from brill to hoki... I suspect we've milkfish-ed it for all it's worth... it's gone belly up... it's time to boat this bass. :bart:

Ok, straighten up the bow and back the stern into port. Drop the anchor and abandon ship! :lol:

Andy

MVP
Oh my cod Daniel, I thought I smelt something fishy in here! We leave this plaice for some other porpoise and sea what happens?! Holy Mackerel! We have reeled in some folks and they sea-m hooked. Couldn't they goby punny somewhere else? Oh well, I am off to have some coral reefer. Carp Diem

(no serious reefer for me, lol ya know, because reefer makes you serious. I mean I didn't do that)

For Dr.B

:whistle:?What?s that tuna you?re humming??
?Salmon Chanted Evening?

Andy

MVP
lol Howdyado, howdyado, howdyado Who knew?

lol I do believe I am going to have that song in my head all night. :goodjob:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.