More threads by Ashley-Kate

well i can'T believe i actually did this but i did and i felt that i should inform you the people that have gave me the strength i needed to do so , i caled a organisation that exist here and everywere in quebec it is called les calacs a organisation of people that help victims of sexual assault and well they wrote back to me the other day telling me that they can even meet me at the school well one of the people that works there and have fallow-ups with me at the school so i don't have to go and meet them i am looking forward to it but i am really nervous because they get the office in my school because the people that work at my school know who they are and therefore if i go and see one of them well they will know why and then they will know my secret i am soo nervous i don't know what to do but i already agreed to the appoitment she will write back to me when she knows the date but she said in a very short delai anybody have anything to say that could amke me be less stressed out .. i am afraid she will judge me ..
help
ashley

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
She won't judge you, Ashley. She's there to help you, not to judge you.

As for people knowing that you are seeing her, all they will know is that you are seeing some sort of counselor - not why. A lot of students see counselors for all sorts of reasons.

ashley, you did so very well for yourself! i am very proud of you for taking this step. i know it was hard and probably scary to do but it will be very well worth it. take care and let us know how your first appointment turns out. :hug:

Halo

AK,

I too am so proud of you for taking this huge step forward in your life :goodjob: I know that it is probably frightening and scary but remember that we are here to support you and offer encouragement. Many of us have been in the same situation having to meet a new counsellor/therapist for the first time and can relate.

I agree with what David said, she won't judge you Ashley, her job is not to judge people but help them which is what she is going to do for you.....help you.

Again, you are very courageous for making the call and do let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care
:hug: :hug:

ThatLady

I'm really very proud of you, Ashley! I'll be anxious to hear how your visit goes and how you feel about it afterward. I think you're going to be surprised how much this can help you. :hug:

what questions will she ask how will she be will she be patien will she understand that i am not really very open thati am scared that i don't know who to trust will she understand if i am resistant will she get mad will she lose hope will she understand ... so many questions i am just running them through my head and it is making me doubt the appointment cause i have no idea what it will be like what i will feel how i will feel ...
yours trully
A-K

ashley-kate, i don't think it would be unusual for people to need time to open up to a counsellor. it's a new relationship and it takes time for trust to build, and the counsellor would expect just that. she'll be patient, and if she gets mad, then she's not the counsellor for you, or anyone, for that matter. counsellors are there to be supportive and to help you out.

i've only ever seen one counsellor and he was very kind, compassionate and caring. he understood and i am sure your counsellor will be the same way. it's the stuff counsellors are made of. :)

Halo

AK,

I think that most counsellors/therapists understand that the first appointment for any person can be scary and frightening. I don't think that she will expect you to walk in there and be like an open book and just blurt everything out. She will be respectful and understanding that you are coming to her with sensitive issues which take time and trust to open up about. She will see the effort that you are putting in by making and keeping the appointment.

As for what she is going to ask, I am sure that it will be like a first meeting with any doctor, therapist or counsellor. The first appointment (in my experience) has usually been a sort of history taking and more of a get to know you sort of thing.

Ashley, I know you are scared but this really is a great step forward that you are not going to regret. I think that it took a lot of courage on your part to make that appointment and it is good that you are posting your worries here so we can help you work through them.

Take care

so much fo rbeing optimistic on a long waitting list .. she wrote back to me today and gave me dates.. as in tomorrow or next week and well next week it is exam week at school so i had to see her this week or not at all .. i am nervous it is tomorrw morning ... i don't know what to do to say but i guess she is used to that i just have to keep telling myself... breath!!!
chow

Halo

Ashley-Kate,

I just wanted to send you some :hug: :hug: and to let you know that you will be in my thoughts this morning. You are taking such a great step here. I know you will do great and don't be to hard on yourself to talk, just do what you can :)

Take care and let us know how it goes.

ThatLady

Just tell the truth, Ashley. That's all you have to do. Say what's on your mind and in your heart, and always tell the truth. We'll be right there with you in spirit! :hug:

hey all . i can't express how happy i am of how the appointment turned out the psychologist is someone i know from the gym and she has always been very nice to me she is about 10 years older than me witch come to reasure me lots because she uses the same expressions as anyone my age she is realy nice and understanding she did not ask many question we just go tto know each othe r a bit she explained the confidentiality she resoects and how she find shtat my school lacks in that department but thatshe is very professional about it and well i am going to see her about every week or two and she is ready to help me in my past and also with my e-d she wants to help me increase my positive thoughts.. i really like her alot
yours trully
ashley

Halo

Ashley-Kate,

I am so happy to hear that things went well for you today :) It really sounds like she is someone that you are going to be able to make a connection with and be able to open up to and that is a really great.

I am proud of you for making and keeping the appointment and that it went so well for you :D

Take care
:hug:

she todl em that i don't even have to talk about the details of what happened unless i feel that it could help me and that she is going to work with me on the aspects that i can change and not the stuff that i can't,she wants to see me every week for the time being exept next week because i have an exam session .. she feels that with my e-d she has reason to be concerned and that my past is making my e-d get worst.. and my obsessions as well i am so in shock cause i can't believe i actually like her.. and when i spoke to her after i was not that sad maybe a bit but i was relieved in a was just to feel secure .. and now i think of my futur of being a social worker and i just want to e exacly like her. you were right i did not feel juged!!!
thanks
ashley

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.