• Quote of the Day
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
    Carl Jung, posted by Daniel
More threads by sister-ray

sister-ray

Yesterday evening I went shopping with my friend and faced a few fears of mine and it actually went well. I dont like shopping at night, we went about 8.pm, I dont like strange shops where I have never been or new areas, this shop I had never been to before and it was in a area I didnt know. When he orginally asked me I had said yes and then spent two hours feeling sick about it, worrying about "what ifs" what if I loose him in the shop and cant find him, what if I have to run out and get lost in strange place, what if this, what if that, I neally cancelled, but in the end it went really well, I actually enjoyed it and want to go again, when I got home I really felt happy and good at doing something thing different for once and something that had gone well, just wanted to share:)

i am so glad it turned out well for you tte! next time you get anxious or worried about a shopping trip, you can think back to this one, how you worried about it and in the end it was fine :) hopefully this is a positive experience that you can build on.

Daniel

Forum Supporter
Administrator
Yes, it brings new meaning to the phrase "retail therapy," i.e. shopping can be a positive, social experience, not a materialistic misadventure. Also, I remember when I moved to a new town and didn't enjoy shopping at the grocery store or Walmart until after several months of weekly shopping trips.

Halo

TTE,

I am so happy that you had a positive experience going shopping last night. I can relate to the "what ifs" that can go through ones mind when going to an unfamiliar place but I am so proud of you for going anyway and that it turned out great :yahoo:

As LB said, hopefully this is a positive experience to build on for next time. :goodjob:

Take care
:hug:

ThatLady

:yahoo: Wow, TTE! That's really a step forward for you! Congratulations!

sister-ray

Thanks:) I will be going again, maybe not for a couple of weeks, he wants to go to another store thats even further away:eek: I'll give it a go:)

Halo

TTE, I think that it is great that you are pushing through your fears and giving it a go (as you say). I admire your strength and determination :goodjob:

Take care
:hug:

just mary

Hi TTE,

Just wanted to say good job too! :flowers:

That's a great feeling, feeling the fear and doing it anyway. It reminds me of a book of the same name, "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway". I can't remember the author's name however but she had some good ideas.

Take care, :)

jm

Halo

JM

I believe the book "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway" was written by [GOOGLE]Susan Jeffers[/GOOGLE]. She also has a number of other books that she has written but I do remember reading this particular one quite some time ago. I don't remember anything of the contents of the book as it was a long time ago but I did remember the title.

sister-ray

Thanks Nancy and JM, shall have a look for that book, thats assuming its available over here:hug:

Halo

TTE,

I am sure that it is available as it is quite widely known and has been around for quite a while.

Let me know if you can't find it and I'll see what I can do. Again, I remember it being good but not much else about it.

:)

sister-ray

Thanks Nancy, its available Ive just checked, i will look in my local stores when Next there and also my beloved second hand bookstore:)

Halo

Great TTE I am glad that it is available. If you get it, let me know if you find it a good read :)

^^Phoenix^^

Me too TTE! Way to go with finding the courage! And I'm so happy that you enjoyed yourself too. Way to go. :D :D

QRCode

QR Code

Top Bottom