More threads by Ashley-Kate

Lately i have been enjoying doing activities to help me figure out who i really am. To help me mostly when i really can't take recovery anymore cause sometimes it's too hard or sometimes my motivation to make myself something to eat is not there. I wanted to share my latest activity.

1. Write a list of things that make you happy or that made you happy (nothing that had to do with restriction calorie counting or purging basically nothing that has to do with the eating disorder) mostly things that make you feel good about yourself before during and after.
  2. Take those things and one by one explain why they make you happy why you do them and what feeling it makes you feel.
  3. After write a list of the eating disorder behaviors. beside each one write how it makes you feel before after and during, write why you do it and how it makes you feel. compare both list and then try to see which positive behavior goes with the eating disorder behavior. Example : I love to draw portraits, i associated that with my restriction because when i restrict i need to control something so precisely to be completely focused, when i draw i enjoy it cause i feel in control i feel like i am focused and that nothing can distract me. now when i feel like skipping a meal instead of skipping it i grab a blank paper, put my bowl of cereal beside me and eat while drawing.

It may not work right away but i find slowly when i put that routine in my life it started to become a habit the first i tried it my food went untouched the second time i had a couple of bites and then now i finish it. drawing makes me happy i put eating with drawn to help me associate eating with something that makes me happy.hope it help s some !
ash

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.