More threads by sweetanise

Thanks for your reply, Jen! It's nice to know someone out there understands what I'm going through.

Life gets complicated, doesn't it?

I haven't had a chance to phone ADAO or anyone else yet, but was planning on doing that today. I really hope there is something out there for us.

As for cable and cell, I can't afford those. But I get my Internet via Sympatico's High-Speed Lite. It's pretty reliable and not too expensive (about $21.00 modem & taxes included if you agree to a one year contract), especially if, like me, you're online a lot.

All the best,
Mel

Thanks for your reply, Jen! It's nice to know someone out there understands what I'm going through.

Life gets complicated, doesn't it?

I haven't had a chance to phone ADAO or anyone else yet, but was planning on doing that today. I really hope there is something out there for us.

As for cable and cell, I can't afford those. But I get my Internet via Sympatico's High-Speed Lite. It's pretty reliable and not too expensive (about $21.00 modem & taxes included if you agree to a one year contract), especially if, like me, you're online a lot.

All the best,
Mel

jkb

I left another message with them this morning. Its a woman whom answers...well the machine lol.

I'm getting frustrated and yeah my anxiety is high today.

as for cell/cable/net it was a pkg deal from costing 100/mth..

I called them again, and now have been told that if i pay x amount i won't be cut. So i gotta do that...yet that leaves me nothing more for the month..nothing to get to dr's..so off i go soon to try and call my doctors..even though they always want a fax..which i can't cuz i don't have a facx machine..but i'll try..

I'm just really worn down..and anxious..

I am trying to solve all..its hard..i also feel alone..and wondering what is going to happen with all lol.

i also contacted/emailed someone from the roh that spec. with anxiety to see if he could point me somewhere...for all..

other then that..all i can do is pray..and try and keep calm.

i just don't know what i'm gonna do..i'm trying

just thought i'd update you..

once again if i hear more..i will post..

:( jen..getting worn out and scard.

jkb

I left another message with them this morning. Its a woman whom answers...well the machine lol.

I'm getting frustrated and yeah my anxiety is high today.

as for cell/cable/net it was a pkg deal from costing 100/mth..

I called them again, and now have been told that if i pay x amount i won't be cut. So i gotta do that...yet that leaves me nothing more for the month..nothing to get to dr's..so off i go soon to try and call my doctors..even though they always want a fax..which i can't cuz i don't have a facx machine..but i'll try..

I'm just really worn down..and anxious..

I am trying to solve all..its hard..i also feel alone..and wondering what is going to happen with all lol.

i also contacted/emailed someone from the roh that spec. with anxiety to see if he could point me somewhere...for all..

other then that..all i can do is pray..and try and keep calm.

i just don't know what i'm gonna do..i'm trying

just thought i'd update you..

once again if i hear more..i will post..

:( jen..getting worn out and scard.

jkb

Abit of an update

A. NO reply at all yet about the companion service. I even called again..no didn't leave a message again.

B. I got a reply back from the psychiatrist at the ROH

I was told that there, they offer: To be able to help we need to see you at the clinic. To be seen at our Program you will need a referral from your family doctor to be sent to our office (for more info call 722-6521 #6712). We offer consultation, medication recommendations and individual or group cognitive-behavioural therapy. Support person program may be available through Anxiety Disorders Association of Ontario (check www.anxietyontario.org for this and related resources if you haven't done it yet).

So i called and told her my situation, which is similar to yours, and well first off there's a 6mth waiting period JUST for a consultation. She said she wasn't sure at all about wether adao still provided that service, but she said that a good place to call where u can talk to qualified people is the mental health crisis line at 722-6914. In which she said they have resourses that MAY be of help regarding all things, aka support companions, possibly maybe even housecalls etc. So that will be my next call.

I just wanted to update what i got in case others may find this info useful.

I am still searching myself to get a fax into my doctor ASAP..

Yeah i am very much tired and feeling stressed..but i know that i got to do something..so i am trucking along still..even though all i really want to do right now is just lay down and watch tv..and just be.

jkb

Abit of an update

A. NO reply at all yet about the companion service. I even called again..no didn't leave a message again.

B. I got a reply back from the psychiatrist at the ROH

I was told that there, they offer: To be able to help we need to see you at the clinic. To be seen at our Program you will need a referral from your family doctor to be sent to our office (for more info call 722-6521 #6712). We offer consultation, medication recommendations and individual or group cognitive-behavioural therapy. Support person program may be available through Anxiety Disorders Association of Ontario (check www.anxietyontario.org for this and related resources if you haven't done it yet).

So i called and told her my situation, which is similar to yours, and well first off there's a 6mth waiting period JUST for a consultation. She said she wasn't sure at all about wether adao still provided that service, but she said that a good place to call where u can talk to qualified people is the mental health crisis line at 722-6914. In which she said they have resourses that MAY be of help regarding all things, aka support companions, possibly maybe even housecalls etc. So that will be my next call.

I just wanted to update what i got in case others may find this info useful.

I am still searching myself to get a fax into my doctor ASAP..

Yeah i am very much tired and feeling stressed..but i know that i got to do something..so i am trucking along still..even though all i really want to do right now is just lay down and watch tv..and just be.

Retired

JKB,

Have you tried contacting the department of Psychiatry at one of the other hospitals other than ROH? Perhaps Carlton-Queensway?

Good to hear you are working so hard to get assistance. Taking it one day at a time and dealing with each situation as it comes is more manageable than trying to deal with everything at once.

Good luck!

Retired

JKB,

Have you tried contacting the department of Psychiatry at one of the other hospitals other than ROH? Perhaps Carlton-Queensway?

Good to hear you are working so hard to get assistance. Taking it one day at a time and dealing with each situation as it comes is more manageable than trying to deal with everything at once.

Good luck!

jkb

TSOW

no i haven't..i haven't yet to call the mental health crisis line cuz i needed to get a fac into my doctors telling her what has been going on and what i'm trying to do to get there..cuz time is running short..

however cuz i don't have word on my puter i had to find a place, then use paint to write it, save it as a .tff itthink..and pay for the sevirce 4 dollars..which i hope worked..this took the remainder of the day..just finisshed now..so i'm done for the day..

i'm very tired.

for all..if u need an online fax service that costs little here is the oe i used just in case..faxitnice.com

i also never heard back from adao either..i tried again to..

ty..i'm off to rest for now/the night..

jkb

TSOW

no i haven't..i haven't yet to call the mental health crisis line cuz i needed to get a fac into my doctors telling her what has been going on and what i'm trying to do to get there..cuz time is running short..

however cuz i don't have word on my puter i had to find a place, then use paint to write it, save it as a .tff itthink..and pay for the sevirce 4 dollars..which i hope worked..this took the remainder of the day..just finisshed now..so i'm done for the day..

i'm very tired.

for all..if u need an online fax service that costs little here is the oe i used just in case..faxitnice.com

i also never heard back from adao either..i tried again to..

ty..i'm off to rest for now/the night..

Retired

JKB,

Let us know how you make out. The next time you need to compose a fax, if you are running Windows, consider using the Windows Fax utillty which works very well and costs nothing.

Retired

JKB,

Let us know how you make out. The next time you need to compose a fax, if you are running Windows, consider using the Windows Fax utillty which works very well and costs nothing.

jkb

ty TSOW

the fax thing on my computer wasn't working yesturday..i don't kwno..i will have to research how to use it at some point.

no word about the companion service

i have been waiting for almost 4hrs now to hear back from doctor..so i'm pretty stressed..not knowing whats going to happen etc..scared u name it..

tired as well for i didn't sleep a whole lot last night thinking about it all.

I hae been trying to just do games online, journaling, and well yeah..

i don't want to tie up the phone in case she calls..so i haven't called the other number i was given..

Anyways, just abit of an update..

Ty
jen

jkb

ty TSOW

the fax thing on my computer wasn't working yesturday..i don't kwno..i will have to research how to use it at some point.

no word about the companion service

i have been waiting for almost 4hrs now to hear back from doctor..so i'm pretty stressed..not knowing whats going to happen etc..scared u name it..

tired as well for i didn't sleep a whole lot last night thinking about it all.

I hae been trying to just do games online, journaling, and well yeah..

i don't want to tie up the phone in case she calls..so i haven't called the other number i was given..

Anyways, just abit of an update..

Ty
jen

jkb

Some more information and update on em

first..i have heard nothing from my doctors :(..i even called at 4:50pm but they were closed. so i left a message. I was origin. told that i'd recieve a call back in the afternoon..that was at noon. So that is really upsetiing me..i hope to gosh i hear tom. asap..

second: i called the mental health crisis line..as advised by the woman at the ROH yest. and well a. she told me that they have indeed a wating list for a companion support person thru the Anxiety Disorders Associations of Ontario and that she was surprised that no one has returned my calls. This isn't good at all for me..meaning that there is a wait time. She gave me their email address if anyone would like it: contactus@anxietyontario.com and to address this issue or any of thier other programs to cherly driskell

another resource she said to try is the inst. of mental health at ottawa university Dr. Zulmerali or Dr. Cherynszick

722-6521 phone
792-3935 fax

She was very nice..i must say and she said that she feels like even though i'm going thru this all, etc. that she feels like i am a strong person, and that i sound like I really know a lot about this disorder, that i seem to be doing all the right things and that she says no wonder you are so stressed out and your anxiety is high..look at what is going on!!! So that made me feel good. She said that she didn't feel like she needed to transfer me to the next level, She said that they have levels there for help and who answers etc, for she said that even though i am tired and worn out compl. and anxious I sound OK. and I am doing ALL i can to rectify all of what is/has been going on in with me.

She said to call anytime if need be. etc.

Anyhow i am indeed tired and drained..

i'm also still scared of what will come from doctor..but i am going to try and let that go tonight/now for there isn't anything i can do about it. I have done all i can.

Sorry for the long post...wanted to share..

even calling her was hard../them..

ty for anyone that read this.

i feel very worn out..

jen

jkb

Some more information and update on em

first..i have heard nothing from my doctors :(..i even called at 4:50pm but they were closed. so i left a message. I was origin. told that i'd recieve a call back in the afternoon..that was at noon. So that is really upsetiing me..i hope to gosh i hear tom. asap..

second: i called the mental health crisis line..as advised by the woman at the ROH yest. and well a. she told me that they have indeed a wating list for a companion support person thru the Anxiety Disorders Associations of Ontario and that she was surprised that no one has returned my calls. This isn't good at all for me..meaning that there is a wait time. She gave me their email address if anyone would like it: contactus@anxietyontario.com and to address this issue or any of thier other programs to cherly driskell

another resource she said to try is the inst. of mental health at ottawa university Dr. Zulmerali or Dr. Cherynszick

722-6521 phone
792-3935 fax

She was very nice..i must say and she said that she feels like even though i'm going thru this all, etc. that she feels like i am a strong person, and that i sound like I really know a lot about this disorder, that i seem to be doing all the right things and that she says no wonder you are so stressed out and your anxiety is high..look at what is going on!!! So that made me feel good. She said that she didn't feel like she needed to transfer me to the next level, She said that they have levels there for help and who answers etc, for she said that even though i am tired and worn out compl. and anxious I sound OK. and I am doing ALL i can to rectify all of what is/has been going on in with me.

She said to call anytime if need be. etc.

Anyhow i am indeed tired and drained..

i'm also still scared of what will come from doctor..but i am going to try and let that go tonight/now for there isn't anything i can do about it. I have done all i can.

Sorry for the long post...wanted to share..

even calling her was hard../them..

ty for anyone that read this.

i feel very worn out..

jen

Retired

Jen,

You're making good progress in learning about alternative resources. Unfortunately the medical system is strained to the limit at present.

Keep trying to contact your doctor, and try explaining your situation to the doctor's secretary/nurse. This person can be your ally in communicating with the doctor. I would suggest not taking out your fustration on this person, because they are your link to making contact.

Take it one step at a time, one foot in front of the other. You're dong great and continue keeping us informed.

Retired

Jen,

You're making good progress in learning about alternative resources. Unfortunately the medical system is strained to the limit at present.

Keep trying to contact your doctor, and try explaining your situation to the doctor's secretary/nurse. This person can be your ally in communicating with the doctor. I would suggest not taking out your fustration on this person, because they are your link to making contact.

Take it one step at a time, one foot in front of the other. You're dong great and continue keeping us informed.

jkb

thanks..

still no word from doctors.my tummy is a mess :(

i left a message late last night saying all i did..

i don't understand y i am not getting called back..i wasn't rude at all..i was calm, but crying :(, and explained alli have been doing..and that i hope to hear asap.

i sent an email of re; comp. service.

blah..my nerves are shot this morning.

jkb

thanks..

still no word from doctors.my tummy is a mess :(

i left a message late last night saying all i did..

i don't understand y i am not getting called back..i wasn't rude at all..i was calm, but crying :(, and explained alli have been doing..and that i hope to hear asap.

i sent an email of re; comp. service.

blah..my nerves are shot this morning.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.