More threads by Kobayashi

Kobayashi

Spoke to my Pharm today. He said that if I wanted to increase it, I'd likely need to go down to 10mg of the cip and up the luvox to 75mg. I've read on a few other forums that Luvox is one of those typical SSRI's that can cause increased agitation and anxiety when first taking it. I'm wondering if this is what is happening to me. Hard to tell because of the combo with the cip. Hopefully things settle down in the next few days. I'm going to try and push through this one and use ativan sparingly as required. When I started cipralex I felt something similar for the first week or so, this is very reminiscent. Maybe its a good sign. I think I'll stick with the dose as prescribed until the 1st unless things get really out of hand....

Kobayashi

Hey All..

So here's where I am so far. The high anxiety I was experiencing subsided slightly over the weekend. Actually managed to get some skiing in with the kids. As of Saturday I was 12 days on Luvox at 50mg and have cut my Ciprlex down to 15mg. The next step according to my Pharmacist is to go down to 10mg of Cipralex and up the Luvox to 75mg. So I did this last night and have felt a slight increase in anxiety again today. Not sure If I got my timing right on this transition...I'm scheduled for a weeks vacation on Mexico in early March. I'm hopeful that things settle down before then.

hi there its been a long time for me as been on ocd uk forum as well but find this site better re the meds info. I also have the same problem as Kob(hope you dont mind me calling you that) I have great results with cipralex for a few weeks then crash again for a few weeks.
My Doctor lowered it from 20mg to 10mg and again felt great for a month but then bam and now i am trying to top it up with 10mg of anafranil to see if that works? Trouble is i feel like my nerves are shattered on meds or off them and feel like i am having a breakdown, i keep hoping tomoroow will be better.

Kobayashi

Hi There.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet found a solution. My latest regimen that I've been following for about 6 months is 100mg of Luvox and .5mg of risperidone. I also use ativan. I'm the same as you - I'll feel great for a month, then feel bad for a month. Its a predictable cycle. I'm wondering if there is some cyclothymeia involved.

hi there its been a long time for me as been on ocd uk forum as well but find this site better re the meds info. I also have the same problem as Kob(hope you dont mind me calling you that) I have great results with cipralex for a few weeks then crash again for a few weeks.
My Doctor lowered it from 20mg to 10mg and again felt great for a month but then bam and now i am trying to top it up with 10mg of anafranil to see if that works? Trouble is i feel like my nerves are shattered on meds or off them and feel like i am having a breakdown, i keep hoping tomoroow will be better.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.