More threads by boi

boi

Hey Everyone,
I have been on zoloft for a couple of weeks now, 50mg a day. I don't know if this is my depression or its the effects of zoloft. I do feel much calmer...I have never felt like this before but I also feel extremely tired, wanting to go to bed for the night at 8pm and I also feel so unmotivated. I do not want to do anythign at all not even work. I am waiting for my "up" day and it's just not coming. I am trying to analyze it and maybe it's because I have always been obsessed with being productive and now I am not. Could this be the antidepressant? I will be talking to my dr about this but just curious if anyone has experienced this.

Retired

Re: another zoloft question

Fatigue might be a side effect according to the Zoloft product monograph, or can be the effect of the SSRI and some other prescription or over the counter medication you might be taking.

When you speak to your doctor, bring a complete list of all medications, prescribed and OTC including cough and cold preparations, stomach medications, hormones, even herbal preparations (eg St. Johns Wort). If you consiume alcohol, this should also be included.

With this information your doctor can evaluate your situation and advise you accordingly.

lallieth

Hi Boi

Being sleepy on meds is not uncommon and with that comes a lack of energy to do anything productive.It's early days yet on the meds,but if you are concerned talk to the doctor about it and hang in there :)

boi

Being sleepy on meds is not uncommon and with that comes a lack of energy to do anything productive.

thanks tsow and lallieth
Lallieth I didn't think of it like that...you are right thats prob why I am so unproductive. For some reason I didn't put that together.

lallieth

thanks tsow and lallieth
Lallieth I didn't think of it like that...you are right thats prob why I am so unproductive. For some reason I didn't put that together.
Boi

I know when I was first starting Celexa,I felt like a zombie,I felt drained with no energy and mentally and physically tired.I do believe though that this stage was helpful,in that it slowed me down and basically forced me to rest

Battling panic disorder is hard work and I really needed the break,so I was glad to be able to take it easy for a few weeks.This stage will end soon enough Boi,,so take advantage of it.Do calming relaxing things,sleep when you feel the need,you will soon have your energy back

boi

My doctor told me if the fatigue doesn't end then I will be reducing my dose. I think it is getting better though. I feel like I am not in a good place right now. I feel really uncomfortable for some reason. Maybe because issues are being brought up in therapy.

Halo

Boi,

I am glad that you talked to your doctor about the fatigue and lets hope that it is a side effect that will pass.

Sorry to hear that you are not in a good place right now. If you are discussing issues in therapy that are difficult then that can definitely bring up lots of feelings including uncomfortableness. I know for myself that it is also very draining when dealing with a lot of emotions and issues in therapy and that could be another cause of your fatigue.

In any event, keep posting here so we can support you and take it one step at a time.

Take care

boi

Sorry to hear that you are not in a good place right now. If you are discussing issues in therapy that are difficult then that can definitely bring up lots of feelings including uncomfortableness.

thanks Halo,
I think its the realization that I have so many more issues than I thought I did. My whole thinking is flawed. I was also told I might be on medication for the rest of my life. That doesn't sit well with me either.

Halo

thanks Halo,
I think its the realization that I have so many more issues than I thought I did. My whole thinking is flawed. I was also told I might be on medication for the rest of my life. That doesn't sit well with me either.

It is difficult when you realize that there are a lot of issues that need to be dealt with but remember that they don't all have to be dealt with at once.

I can really understand what you are saying about being on medication the rest of your life and it not sitting well for you but I honestly don't think that anyone can say for certain what the future holds. You may need to and then again maybe not.

But on the other hand, wouldn't it be a relief to know that there is medication that you can take to help you so that you are not struggling needlessly for the next 30, 40 or 50 years. I don't know if this will help but try to look at it as diabetics take insulin for their entire lives because they need it to survive and taking an antidepressant is no different.

boi

you are right Halo, I guess I might have to look at it that way, and also you are right you never know what will happen in the future. I always thought I just had some issues that needed to be dealt with I never thought I would be bipolar and in need of medication. It's just very wierd to me still. I do know its not a conspiracy hehehe

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.