• Quote of the Day
    "Our job in this lifetime is not to shape ourselves into some ideal we imagine we ought to be,
    but to find out who we already are and become it."
    Steven Pressfield, posted by David Baxter
I have anxiety about my snoring. I'm trying to train myself not to snore. When I stay with lovers, I'll keep myself awake all night, to make sure I don't disturb them, or I simply isolate myself so I won't have to face them.

I hate snoring.

David Baxter

Administrator
Have you ever asked your lover about whether she/he is bothered by your snoring?

Everyone snores at least once in a while, some people more often than others. It's not necessarily either a problem or even objectionable. Before I was married, one of my sons' cats used to sleep on my shoulder and purr as I was falling asleep. My wife snores. To me it sounds like purring. I find it comforting and kind of cute. :)

Perhaps, instead of lying awake all night worrying about it, you could just raise it as a topic of discussion. I know if I have a beer or two and then sleep on my back, I'll almost certainly snore. I just tell her to give me a poke so I roll onto my side and it will stop.

Halo

I was wondering the same thing as David as to whether you have asked your lover whether your snoring is bother him or her? Also, it is possible that they are a heavy sleeper and don't even hear you.

I know that I am the same with having a drink or two, if I do then I am guaranteed that I am going to snore. Another thing is that I tend to talk in my sleep so I do forewarn people of this beforehand so that they are not alarmed.

Top Bottom