More threads by Christina

when i was pregnant i didn't have any depression or anxiety. i did find that i had some worries which i am sure every single mother-to-be has and those were around, am i eating well enough, is the baby growing ok, etc. so i would expect that if you suffer from anxiety now that it might be a bit more when pregnant - but i cannot say this for sure.

momof5

My daughterr had a bit of anxiety with her pregnacy that she is going through now. I think maybe due to her Iron level being dangerously low. She was in danger of needing a blood transfusion.

She is in her 9th month now, and looks good. Also, not sure how far along you are, but as baby grows he/she takes up your lung space, making it difficult to breath. Which you could think of as an anxiety attack, but a normal process in pregnancy.

And yes, as ladybug mentions, we go through so many worries when we are with child. We wonder if we will be patient, kind and loving as a parent. We wonder about the life time care we need to give, expenses that will arise, and of course the delivery etc..

These are all normal thought processes that a mom to be goes through. Even if it is your first second, or whatever pregnancy. The mind seems to just wander along the worry path.

Just relax, hug your bellie, the baby knows you are hugging them. I always did that. lol. Watch the baby move, enjoy the pregnancy. Life happens a day at a time.

And good luck. Babies are a gift to us.

i also found a lot of moments of peace when i would take the time to sit and be still and close my eyes and just mentally connect with the baby inside me. so i guess it can be a bit of both.

momof5

i also found a lot of moments of peace when i would take the time to sit and be still and close my eyes and just mentally connect with the baby inside me. so i guess it can be a bit of both.

I think you have a great statment here. It is so important to connect with the baby even before birth. And by rubing your stomach, holding your stomach, singing and reading to baby are ways of doing this. They can hear you.

I drive my daughter crazy as I am always talking to her stomach :D

even though being pregnant was very uncomfortable physically (nausea, constantly going to the bathroom, even at night, weight gain, fatigue, etc. etc.) i really cherish the memories of when i connected with the baby. it was a happy time :)

Similar threads

Treating anxiety during pregnancy: Just how safe are SSRIs? by Deborah B. Raphael, Jessica Ross, Louann Brizendine, MD Psychiatry Online, Vol. 7, No. 2 / February 2008 Staggering SSRI and benzodiazepine use during the first and third trimesters may help reduce potential risks to the fetus. Ms. K, age 25, is 6 weeks pregnant and is taking medications for generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). When she was diagnosed with GAD at age 19, her symptoms included 6 months of excessive...
Replies
Views
Zoom Anxiety Disorders An online weekly support group open to anyone who has an anxiety problem. This is a peer support group, for adults ages 18+, led by a mental health professional. You’ll have a chance to talk with others who “get” anxiety and also learn self-help skills. A referral or diagnosis is not needed to attend. All groups are open to anyone who has anxiety. Groups are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. The cost is $5 and groups are non-refundable. Fee: $5/group...
Replies
Views
https://www.therapywithalessio.com/articles/how-to-heal-anxiety-with-ifs-internal-family-systems-therapy ...One of the most difficult parts of psychotherapy, and of change in general, is “doing” and “applying” the lessons that we learn from parts of our Inner System. For example, if your anxious parts are telling you that you should not drink that glass of milk because you are on a new diet, what are you going to do? Are you going to honour what this part is telling you? Or are you going...
Replies
Views
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/12/michelle-obama-golden-rules-of-parenting-the-light-we-carry ‘Is everyone doing this perfectly but me?’ Michelle Obama on the guilt and anxiety of being a mother - and her golden parenting rules "You can spend a lot of time dreaming, preparing and planning for family life to go perfectly, but, in the end, you’re pretty much just left to deal with whatever happens. You can establish systems and routines, anoint your various sleep, feeding and...
Replies
Views
https://www.newharbinger.com/9781684039197/the-anxiety-and-depression-workbook-for-teens/ Start Reading Now :acrobat: (excerpt) Identify Your Thinking Traps Name Description Example Black-or-White You think in black or white with no shades of gray. “If I don’t get an A+ in this class, then I’m a failure.” End of the World You predict the worst and blow things out of proportion. “I’ll never get into college or have a successful career.” Filtering You focus on negatives while...
Replies
Views