More threads by Christina

when i was pregnant i didn't have any depression or anxiety. i did find that i had some worries which i am sure every single mother-to-be has and those were around, am i eating well enough, is the baby growing ok, etc. so i would expect that if you suffer from anxiety now that it might be a bit more when pregnant - but i cannot say this for sure.

momof5

My daughterr had a bit of anxiety with her pregnacy that she is going through now. I think maybe due to her Iron level being dangerously low. She was in danger of needing a blood transfusion.

She is in her 9th month now, and looks good. Also, not sure how far along you are, but as baby grows he/she takes up your lung space, making it difficult to breath. Which you could think of as an anxiety attack, but a normal process in pregnancy.

And yes, as ladybug mentions, we go through so many worries when we are with child. We wonder if we will be patient, kind and loving as a parent. We wonder about the life time care we need to give, expenses that will arise, and of course the delivery etc..

These are all normal thought processes that a mom to be goes through. Even if it is your first second, or whatever pregnancy. The mind seems to just wander along the worry path.

Just relax, hug your bellie, the baby knows you are hugging them. I always did that. lol. Watch the baby move, enjoy the pregnancy. Life happens a day at a time.

And good luck. Babies are a gift to us.

i also found a lot of moments of peace when i would take the time to sit and be still and close my eyes and just mentally connect with the baby inside me. so i guess it can be a bit of both.

momof5

i also found a lot of moments of peace when i would take the time to sit and be still and close my eyes and just mentally connect with the baby inside me. so i guess it can be a bit of both.

I think you have a great statment here. It is so important to connect with the baby even before birth. And by rubing your stomach, holding your stomach, singing and reading to baby are ways of doing this. They can hear you.

I drive my daughter crazy as I am always talking to her stomach :D

even though being pregnant was very uncomfortable physically (nausea, constantly going to the bathroom, even at night, weight gain, fatigue, etc. etc.) i really cherish the memories of when i connected with the baby. it was a happy time :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.