More threads by oversight

oversight

Another thing of note is that the first two therapists you mention, the intern and the older therapist, were from the same group, were they not? They were affiliated with your school's assistance program, if I remember correctly. Rather than what you experienced being some kind of therapy "script", it may have been that the second therapist was working from the information he had concerning the initial therapist's findings.

Have the therapists you've seen since been from this same group?

The intern was first, then I used the referal to see a therapist from the community, but she did not do this style. The notable help from her was the suggestion to do some of my own research. I left her when I became certain that my problem and her treatment goal was on widely diverging paths, and I was getting a strong brainwashed feeling.

The second, older psychologist I tried was one of the eight on the list that I received after leaving the woman therapist. He is a psychology lecturer and "project scientist" at the school, and I shudder to think of his effect on the future of psycology.

oversight

May I ask what sort of therapists you have been dealing with previously? Understand that anyone can call himself/herself a "therapist", but not all therapists have equivalent training and many are not licensed by a regulatory college or other regulatory body. I would strongly suggest that you look for a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist.

Your question seems naive, in that it suggests disbelief to me. But I had had the same question, and I did previously check on the Internet, and they are state registered psychologists.

The question is, how could one psychologist (the first) cause so much trouble. The answer is not just that the parents took me to the psychologist, but that the purpose of this psychologist was to use covert hypnosis. Changes in the subconscious mind are introduced through hypnosis without any conscious "road map". When something happens in normal life, we have some recoverable memory about what decisions we made with what to do with the information from reality. Therapy is based on using this information. Under hypnosis, the conscious mind is "parked" over to the side, while decisions about how one thinks are installed by the external hypnotist. The general nature of hypnosism results in amnesia about the hypnosis.

In my case, the psychologist-hypnotist, like most hypnotists, did not concern himself with why I needed to protect myself from the parents, or what my history was, except to gain resources about me to use as raw material. His major goal was external behavor.

I will make a hypothetical situation. The parents take the daughter to the hypnotist because she is "causing trouble". The daughter discloses to the hypnotist that she is being "used" by the father at night. The therapist decides that since no permanent physical damage is occuring, the best solution is to keep the family together. He uses hypnosis over several sessions to regress the daughter to a time in childhood when she felt safe and warm. He instructs her to remember that time because he will make use of it later.

His goal is to amplify certain parts of her and submerge other parts of her personality. Now in another session he finds the part in her that likes men the part that likes sex, and the part that feels dependent on her family and doesn't want to leave. He groups those together as cooperating parts. He tells her that when she is with her father and she "feels uncomfortable", to go back in her mind to that time when she felt safe and warm, and to be there until it is over. That familiar part is the part that submerges the emerging adult ego which is conflicting.

Now in the future, although therapy has ended, she is very confused about leaving her parents on her own because although they tortured her, she feels she cannot survive out in the world by herself. Partly this is because she lacks normal friendships because people find her immature. Partly because of learned helplessness. She also has very confused, tortured feelings about men. These powerful internal conflicts can lead to severe depression, PTSD, and paranoia.

At the time of the "therapy", the psychologist-hypnotist was only interested in her outward behavior. He wanted her to "act normal", despite the reality she faced from her parents. So he reconfigured her subconscious as a coping device.

Now regarding my recent therapists (not the two bad), I did bring up the hypnosis fact, but we seem to get sidetracked onto other things. Therapists don't know how to deal with this. I asked the last therapist if I might find a hypnotist to unearth what the memories of what happened, but his response was that the danger is in creating false memories. But away from the therapy, again the root problem is what was done in hypnosis many years ago. That is simply the fact.

The two therapists who were the subject of my original question attempted to wrest conscious executive control from me. I recognised this very well and did not go back. I also doubt very much that their technique is a valid treatment, but I had wondered if it was a fad treatment of the type that occasionally become popular before becoming discredited. Sometimes doctors who don't stay up-to-date continue to harm with these temporary fads.

Regarding the possiblity that the older therapist is teaching this technique, here is his information http://www.drhal.com/vita.html

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
oversight said:
I will make a hypothetical situation. The parents take the daughter to the hypnotist because she is "causing trouble". The daughter discloses to the hypnotist that she is being "used" by the father at night. The therapist decides that since no permanent physical damage is occuring, the best solution is to keep the family together. He uses hypnosis over several sessions to regress the daughter to a time in childhood when she felt safe and warm. He instructs her to remember that time because he will make use of it later.

His goal is to amplify certain parts of her and submerge other parts of her personality. Now in another session he finds the part in her that likes men the part that likes sex, and the part that feels dependent on her family and doesn't want to leave. He groups those together as cooperating parts. He tells her that when she is with her father and she "feels uncomfortable", to go back in her mind to that time when she felt safe and warm, and to be there until it is over. That familiar part is the part that submerges the emerging adult ego which is conflicting.

All I can say, again, is that that is not reputable therapy or reputable or even ethical behavior on the part of any therapist. Indeed, it is almost certainly illegal in most parts of the world.

I asked the last therapist if I might find a hypnotist to unearth what the memories of what happened, but his response was that the danger is in creating false memories. But away from the therapy, again the root problem is what was done in hypnosis many years ago. That is simply the fact.

What that lasat therapist said was also a fact, though. Hypnosis relies on suggestion, so the danger of creating false memories is enormous and very real.

oversight

I made the hypothetical situation using inappropriate touching because many people do not comprehend how mental damage can occur with non-contact means. Although torture is psychological, most people only can perceive the physical aspect. Sexuality can be used as a bridge concept between the physical and mental.

I do not have the operation details of the hypnosis to the detail that I have made up for the example. This original therapist passed away in 1994, and the center where he worked is tight-lipped and will not even help me find the name of the director who worked there at that time.

Both parents were narcissists. They had a "shared fantasy", in which I was supposed to be forced into being a mute non-person, and later farm slave. The mother was a depressed narcissist. The male step-parent also was sadistic and borderline. He heavily projected Oppositional Defiant Disorder characteristics on me, and I had to resist a lot of projective identification. I saw a list of the characteristics of ODD and it fits him perfectly while it is everything he would accuse me of.

He would stretch logic and reverse responsibility to absurd levels, but the mother agreed with whomever yelled loudest, and of course I was criminalized for raising my voice. They both treated me as if I was nothing more than extensions of them. On the farm he would treat me as a prisoner that was paying off some sort of perpetual debt, a peon that he apparently thought owed everything to him every hour and every day of the year.

So now we come to the choice of therapist they made. I got this therapist as a result of the narcissistic parents' projection based judgment. His treatment also worked to satisfy their desire to keep me from becoming an independent adult, and who would continue to service their shared fantasy. I had long ago got the impression that this therapist specialized in adolescents, both mentally retarded and antisocial. I think the techniques he used have something to do with behavioral programming of socially defiant youths, and social programming of MR people.

Regarding the two therapists who are the initial subject of this thread, their treatment style was a more aggressive form of the first psychologist. I think there must be a behavioristic treatment style developed for socially defiant people which was used on me in these three cases and I want to find out more about it.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.