More threads by jkb

That's great that you went outside and around your building, jkb. :) :) :)

I hope all this other stuff will get straightened out for you soon.

jkb

Didnt Want To Start A New Topic Cux Well I Dont Think Its Needed..i Am Frustrated And Sick Of Living With The Anx, Agora, Panic And All Ive Been Talking About. I Am Tired. Why Cant I Just Do The Smalest Things W/out Anx And Panic! Im Not Asking The World..just To Even Go Check The Mail Is Becoming Hard Again...i Litteraly Get Anx, And Have To Walk Really Fast Just To Do This. I Hate It..it Makes Me Mad, Sad Etc. Yest. It Took Me 2xs To Simply Walk Around My Building..the First Time I Made It Out The Front Entrance But Started To Have A Pa So I Went Back Into My Apt. I Did Do It A Few Hrs Later But Not Without The Demon. Its Harder Now That I Have To Just Ride Out The Panic And Anx And Im Sure As This Decreasing Goes It Prob Will Become Worse. I Hate Knowing That By Now I Could Have Tried An Increase Or What 2-3 Meds By Now, Which Just Maybe Would Help Me Live, Or Beg. To Live A Semi Life......sory To Vent..i Also Feel Like Crap Physicaly Today(cold Or Something). Just Had 2 Let Out.

ThatLady

I don't know if you've ever tried it, but a friend of mine found she was able to partially control her panic attacks by practicing deep breathing techniques. Breathe in deeply through your nose (count to five or so), then exhale through your mouth (try to double the count...or at least count to eight). Continue this as you walk, and concentrate on your breathing. Hopefully, this will help you as much as it helped her. :)

Peanut

I concur with thatlady...it sounds like maybe it wouldn't work because it's too simple (at least that's why I waited so long to try it, I thought, yeah right, deep breathing...okaaay) but once I started doing the deep breathing it actually worked when I was getting anxious. Just like what thatlady said except I breathe through the nose, count to 10 each way. I think not only does it help to slow the breathing it actually helps to count so you start thinking about that instead of whatever you're thinking about that is making you anxious.

The other thing, that again, I thought 'yeah right' about is exercise. You may have seen me mention it on other threads but it has truly worked wonders for my anxiety...I mean it has made a HUGE difference. If you don't exercise now, if you really want to relieve your anxiety, give it a try--see if it works. I did not think it would make such a difference but it really, really does (for me anyway).

Anyway, sorry my advice isn't more "meaty" but I really did find that some of the simplest things were the most effective.

jkb

Ty Both For Replying. Yes I Have Been Working On My Breathing..the 4-2-8 Way The Therapist Taught Me. Yet It Doesnt Work When Im In A Big Pa. The Ones That Come Out Of The Blue/suddenly. Yet Im Trying To Do Them Everyday..i Did Start Back To Into Doing Some Exerc. Situps..pushups And Stretching. Some Days I Feel To Anx To Do Them. Im Of Course Stil Having A Real Hard Time. Im On My 2nd Reduction And Am Strugling. Hard When My Anx Is Way Out Of Whack As Is And My Mom Still Beimg Quite Ill With The Docs Not Knowing What Is Wrong Still. Her Mris Have Shown White Areas On One Side Of Her Brain And She Had Some Other Test On Her Neck, Sup To Get Results Tom I Think.i Miss My Friend Who Passed Away...i Miss The Few Others Who Dont Talk To Me Anymore Stil Even Tho It Has Been Awhile. Yet I Tried To Keep Thier Friendship But Yov Cant Make People Stay. Maybe This All And Some Other Things Are Not Helping..or Maybe Not..i Hate This Disorder. I Hate How My Doctorisnt/hasnt Listened To Me And Has Treated Me.

foghlaim

hi JK, just wondering if things have improved for you,, also wanted to tell you that i was thinking of u while in hospital, (and the others too) and it helped me to hang in there, just like u are doing. i don't know what i would do without my friends on this site.

hope u are keeping ok.
nsa

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.