More threads by sweetanise

Thanks nsa and TL, :) The one thing I want to do is get out to do my own shopping/getting benefits and not have to rely on my helper to come with me, I dont like relying on people , be nice to have control over it,, one day ;)

Hi NSA,

Im not to bad thanks, my helper didnt come Wednesday as per usual and I got a bit annoyed with myself because I couldnt get to shops etc, I tryed to get into the shopping centre alone, but didnt make it all the way, got panicky so had to turn back, she came yesterday instead. Got another app on Monday with therapist. How are you are? :)

foghlaim

hi TTE. i knnow that feeling of trying to go somewhere, getting halfway there and then not going thru with it. Frustrating isn't it. presumably you got to the shops with your helper?? . how u finding your therapy going?

wishing you all the best with all of this.

nsa

Hi nsa,

Yes it is very frustrating, especially when you see other people going about their day business with seemly no problems at all!! I use to feel a failure when I didnt do something, but now I think well at least I tryed and I got some of the way which is better than not trying or getting anywhere at all. Yes got to shops with my helper so that was all okay!

Ive only had the one session, this monday is the second, therapist has been ill, and cancelled some and she is leaving too, but the first one went well and Im looking forward to Mondays session with her.

thanks for your good wishes, I am wishing you well too :)

ThatLady

through-these-eyes said:
Hi nsa,

Yes it is very frustrating, especially when you see other people going about their day business with seemly no problems at all!!

I think the key word here is "seemingly". We've talked before on these boards about how we cover up what we're feeling and put on our "happy faces" when we're out and about. Yet, when we see others out and about, we assume their "happy faces" reflect their perfect lives. Not by a long shot! Life is a roller coaster of ups and downs for everyone. We have good days, we have not-so-good days, and we have downright lousy days. It's important to realize that this is true of everyone, and that everyone has a "happy face" they put on when they feel they need it.

foghlaim

"Life is a roller coaster we just gotta ride it".....
sorry for thieving your line TL but when i saw those words it reminded me of a song, not sure if it was westlife or boyzone or take that, that sang it... talk about a bad memory... lol.

ThatLady

Hee! I remember that song, but I can't remember who did it, either. I guess it was pretty unimpressive, except for that line, eh? ;)

notsureanymore said:
Im looking forward to Mondays session with her.

hope it went as well as the 1st one. :)

how u doing these days?

nsa

Hi nsa and thatlady

the session went well, its a shame I only have two more, then she leaves, I was only allowed 8 anyway, she is really nice. had problems with my help this week, suddenly and totally out of the blue, they have cut it to 1 day only 2 hours, and then in July it goes completely, i have emailed the manager and made a complaint about this, she has agree to a meet the week after next, alot of it is too do with funding, its bad over here. I m okay , dealt with this better than usual , didnt go into emotional meltdown like I normally would , how are you nsa?

foghlaim

Hi TTE, glad to hear the session went well, and you are so right, it's a shame she is leaving, but like both TL and I said in earlier posts, hopefully the new therapist will be just as good and as anice.
I'm assuming it's the social or something like them that help fund your helper? what do they expect you to do, stay at home!!!!! I'm delighted you have made your complaint and are meeting with her next week, i hope something can be sorted out for you.

i'm good TTE, not bad at all..thank you for asking, improving all the time at the min. even got the go ahead to go back driving again,, :) :) the meds are doing their job ( for now) and i'm in good form.

let us know how your meeting goes next week ok.

thinking of you

nsa

Hi nsa,

My help is funded through private sources like the lottery, who give the money to the charity to provide help to me, the charity concerned are having "problems" so are cutting back on things like peoples help!! Im determined not to sit at home because of them, Im going try and do some of the little things myself. I'll let you know what happens at the meeting.

When my therapist goes there will be a gap till the other starts or so Ive been told, lets hope its not a big gap!!

I am happy to hear that you are doing so well :) :)

You are in my thoughts too, take care now TTE

Halo

Hi TTE,

I too hope that there is not a big gap for you between therapists but remember that we are all here for you if there is. We can help to support you.

Take Care
Nancy

foghlaim

Im determined not to sit at home because of them, Im going try and do some of the little things myself.

Way to go TTE.!!!!!!!!! let us know how you get on, i'll be thinking of you, i'm sure you will be fine, with determination like yours, why wouldn't you be eh? you go to it!!!

I can only echo what nancy said above, about that gap between therapists, we are here always ok.

best wishes

nsa

I got into the village this morning on my own, no taxi, all because my Rick Wakeman Cd came in, they rang me, I didnt want to wait till wednseday, going wasnt too bad as it was quiet, dont like crossing one of the roads on the way, coming back was harder as I was starting to feel panicky and tired, and it was getting busier, but the main thing is I did it, I brought another cd whilst I was there, with lots of Bowie tracks on, it was a treat!!! Im really happy with myself for doing that :) :) TTE

As far as I know yes, I think he produces for others more, the cd I got was a remaster of Lisztomania soundtrack from the film which was out in 1970s, its brillant music on there, Rick reworked it from the only surving copy, they actually thought had been lost forever, the date on this cd is 2002 which isnt that long ago!! Im pleased to bits I got it all by myself :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.