More threads by sweetanise

foghlaim

Im really happy with myself for doing that

I am thrilled for you TTE.. way to go!!!
congratulations.. you have shown yourself and us that you can do things when the time is right for you. being panicky on the way back is ok.. at least at the time you knew you were on the way home and that prob helped with the feeling.

I'm really proud of you TTE..
well done!!

nsa

Thanks, nsa, janet and thatlady :)

Nsa, i agree with what you said about when the time is right, so often people try to push you and you dont feel able or ready and if you do something you dont feel comfortable with it can go wrong and have a negative effect. Some years ago I was given by our NHS some "quick fix" therapy and I was pushed into doing something to big for me, i had a very servere panick attack and fainted in a shop, infront of eveyone, after that I didnt want to go out my front door for a while.

Im thinking of maybe trying this again next Saturday, maybe if my budget will allow get another CD as a treat for getting there, Ill see how I feel on the day! TTE

Just a update. As of the end of July I will have no help at all, for shopping, its gone completely,, my therapist goes aswell in august and Ive been told there will be a wait till the new one starts Ive been really upset over this, was told Tuesday, it just feels as I start to make progress they take it away and although Ive been doing well and doing little things Im not ready to make that big jump yet, but it looks like I might have to just to do the basics like getting benefits and food, I feel Im being pushed instead of taking things at my own pace

foghlaim

i had post already done and an error came up and it's gone..
so i'm trying again...

I feel Im being pushed instead of taking things at my own pace
TTE, while i understand why you feel like this, remember you have control of when and if you go out to get whatever. So take it slowly and at your own pace, like you did when u went for the cd.. remember how good that felt eh? well keep that in mind when you need to go out for your food or benefits ok.. i'm sure it'll help.

did they give u any idea of when the new therapist starts at all?? if u knew that it might help.
And i don't think anyone an take away the progress you have made already.. ok.
don't let what is happening now allow you to stop that progress ok.. you have proved that you can do some things on your own and you will do them ok.. just take it slowly and one day at a time.

if things do happen to get too rough for you, llet us know and we will help in any way we can ok.
we are here for you TTE.

try and look at the positive side of things... You can get out on yur own, and you will have a new therapist.. and you have made great progress.

wishing u all the best as always.
thinking of you

nsa

Hi Nsa,

Thanks for your reply :)

Im afraid I have been a bit on the negative side this week, as well as this Ive had benefit problems to deal with which are really frustrating me, and a dear friend who recently returned into my life is leaving again due to work reason, i know I need to stay postive. I feel abit better today haveing had a good nights sleep, As for the therapist Ive been told that when she/he starts I will get a letter but it wont be for a while, I could do with her/him about to deal with some of the issues I shall have to face going out shopping alone.

How are you? How are things going with you?

Best wishes TTE

foghlaim

Im afraid I have been a bit on the negative side this week,
TTE: when things get on top of us, we do tend to think on the negative side, because we start thinking .. how will i do this, how long have i to wait, can anything go right for me.. i'll never manage etc etc... not sure if this describes any of your thinking, but it does describe mine.. and of course i answer them negatively which makes me feel worse.
but usually all it takes it to say what's bothering me, (usually here) and get a prompt to look at the other side of things and the support as always has been fantastic. Including from you.:) so never mind that you were thinking on the negative side, we all do it from time to time.

I'm glad u feel a bit better this am, sleep can do wonders eh? and if u can maybe you can post some of the problems (issues) you will be facing, maybe we can be of some assistance in supporting you, and helping you thru this period.

I know what it is like to have to wait for a letter, re apt. i am waiting also, and it can be so frustrating, so i have decided to put it out of my mind and when it arrives, it arrives. I mean wondering and worrying won't make it come any faster.
(it is hard tho, especially when we feel down or overwhelmed withthings.) But it does help take the frustration of waiting away.

things with me are okay for the most part.. some days lower than others, other days great. I am going out abit, and i have driven my daughter car for a bit, which is a great boost for me.. can't wait to buy my own one.. :)

anyway.. TTE: please continue to post here ok.. you know we are here for you as always.

keep strong ok..
thinking of you

nsa

foghlaim

Sweetanise: just wondering if things are still going good for you. i hope so..
you posted some great tips earlier on this thread, thank you.

wishing u continued freedom..

nsa

Hi Nsa,
Im happy to hear things are going okay for you :) great to hear your driving! Some of those things are what I think, especially can anything go right for me, I get fed up with fighting, life always seems like one long fight to achieve this or that, and just when you think youve won and can sit back for a while something else happens. I see my therapist Monday so will have a good chat with her about all this, make the most of the last two sessions I have with her. i did my walk today, wasnt going to, but glad I did in the end.

thanks for your replys. you are in my thoughts too
Best wishes TTE

foghlaim

i did my walk today, wasnt going to, but glad I did in the end.

way to go TTE.. i'm glad u went for your walk... proud of you.. well done.

I'm glad you are going to bring these issues up with your therapist on mon.. let us know how it goes eh?

all the best to you as always

nsa

foghlaim

Hi TTE: just wondering how things are with you, did u get to go out again? and how did your apt go last mon?

thinking of you..

nsa

Hi Nsa,

the app went well, my next is my last, I wish I had her for a few more weeks 6 weeks is not enough,,I get along well with her and we work together good, I got to the surgery on my own to see her and have done my short walks, didnt get into shops its been so hot here, and I get hot when Im out through panic, so havent really felt like it, not been sleeping with the heat which doesnt help, I need my sleep to function properly, last night was the first proper sleep I had for a few days. Hows things been with you this week?

best wishes TTE

foghlaim

hi TTE.. it'd really terrible that your next apt is your last with your therapist, especially when ye work together so well. I really hope that thenew person is as good as her for you. well done on going on your own to the surgery to see her, you are doing great!! i don't blame you one bit for not going into the shops in the heat, it's a nightmare over here when we get what we call a heatwave.. and sleep is the same very hard to get to sleep as well. but i'm glad to hear you got at least one nights full sleep, i hope you get to have many more in the coming days.

My week has been okay, not doing much tho, i do go out and go to the shop when i have to..lol. but i'm fine. the meds i'm on are really helping with everything. I went in and got my new specs today, so i was in around the town and didn't feel too anxious at all.

Thank you for asking. :)

anyway. TTE, i know you have to wait for new therapist to come on stream for you. and as i said before, hopefully it won't be tooo long!

thinking of you ,

nsa

Hi Nsa,

Im quite annoyed about the therapist going, when Ive got settled with her, and having to have a gap till the new one too. Im happy to hear your doing well, and again that your visit went well to get the specs done. I dont take medication,, maybe the odd valium when things get really bad, but thats in an absolute emergency, have tryed alot of tabs but always seem to have bad side effects that make things intolerable for me, so prefer to do without,, Im glad to hear your meds are working for you :)
Take care now TTE

Halo

Hi TTE

I don't know if this will be any consolation but remember that you always have us here on the forums to lean on until your new therapist starts.

We are always here for you.

foghlaim

Hi TTE: how have things been with you this week, did you get any more full nights of sleep? let us know how you are doing ok

thinking of you

nsa

Hi Nsa,

Ive been a bit on edge this week, had some money problems, to which at the moment there is no way out so not been sleeping, been worrying that, and about all my support going at the end of July. didnt get to do my walks for a couple of days due to weather, been shopping with helper today that went okay, just tired today, the benefit people have messed one of my benefits up completely and that is causing worry too, its going to take a while to sort out. these are stresses I dont need at the moment.

How are you?

Your in my thoughts too,, best wishes TTE :)

foghlaim

Hi TTE: sounds like a rough week for you, 2 issues really stick out at me. Your helper going at end of the month. and money probs that you see no way out of.

while we have said a while back it's awful that she is not going to be around anymore to help you out,, but!! and there's always a but! You are a strong lady, and you will be able to manage somehow.. i just Know it. sure it's gonna be kinda rough for a while but once you get used to the idea, i'm sure you will figure out little tricks ect ect to help you get what you need done.
Pity about the stupid weather eh? your little walks may have helped you clear your mind of your worries for a wee while.

the mmoney worries you say that there is no way out of At The Moment, i take that to mean that it can be sorted sometime. so maybe cross that bridge when you come to it. lack of funds is a real pain for anyone and I certainly do not envy you, but worrying too much and i think you have been, as you say you have not been sleeping well because of it, try not let it keep you awake at night.
AT night when it's bedtime, there is def nothing you can do about any money prob or benefit problem... so put them out of your mind at bedtime, they will still be there in the morning and you may have a clearer mind for looking at them.

and I totally agree with you these are stresses you do not need not just at the moment, but at any time.

i hope things get better for you in the coming week ok.

thinking of you nsa

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.