More threads by Eye Stigmata

I've been doing EMDR for about a month or so now, on and off...and I feel like it is reversing things...

For example, I had a really bad ICU admission and almost died a few years ago, and exactly 2 days afer we did EMDR I ended up in the hospital again, and previously hadn't had a flair up since I had been in the ICU. So then I started freaking out, and now I'm paranoid to do the EMDR...

Example 2, It had been a few weeks since I had had a nightmare about the rape, and the night after we did the EMDR I started having nightmares again, and have been on and off ever since.......is this normal? Does it just happen as part of the process? or is it a sign that maybe EMDR isn't right for me???

Thanks

Jazzey

Account Closed
Hi MM,

I don't know anything about EMDR but, I wanted to offer you support tonight. :hug: I'll leave others to give you feedback on EMDR. :)

Halo

MM,

I have done EMDR twice now and from experience I can say that a lot of my symptoms and memories that I was dealing with came to the forefront for the next little while as I processed them (it is like taking two steps forward and one back). It is not that you are actually going backwards but you are moving through the memories and symptoms.

I really would suggest that you speak to your therapist about how EMDR is affecting you and work through it with him/her.

Take care

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.