More threads by Retired

Retired

The only one I can think of that has "ape" in the title is Desmond Morris' "The Naked Ape"
. Thanks TL :)

That's the one...I'm really a very shy person :razz: , so that's why I couldn't think of the word "naked" :D :D

People who counsel women in self protection techniques, talk about walking along the street in a confident and assertive manner, because stalkers and potential attackers look for women whose body language indicates they may be timid.

Customs officers at border crossings are said to be trained in body language that suggests the person is lying.

Retired

Wilkepedia contains some insights into body language, explaning voluntary and involuntary signs HERE

Attached are a couple of charts describing some possible interpretations of various body gestures.

Is there any accuracy in what the charts show?

Attachments

• BL-Chart1.jpg
    BL-Chart1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 4
  • BL-Chart2.jpg
    BL-Chart2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
reading body language correctly is an intuitive skill.
the best way to develop this skill is to practice meditation, then your ability to read body language emerges naturally as a side-effect of meditation.

if you just read a book and memorize all the info and try to apply it, you'll probly get it wrong a lot and miss a lot of things.

you can talk by body language its just all how you show it. Of course my mom doesn't believe that. When we where fighting I told her that and she told me that she didn't want to hear all the psychological bull --- That I was learning in class which Im not. but anyway yeahh

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.