More threads by Been there Done that

I suffer from a panic attack once a week. They are usually pretty intense. Last night, i started to have a panic attack and took a clonazepam and it melted away. I have not taken one (clonazepam) before that for nine days. So I haven't now taken one since yesterday. Today I have been craving another one (clonazepam) b/c I am usually anxious and I like how it makes me feel calm.

My psychdoc told me to take one as needed and 90% of my panic attacks I just suffer through without taking any medicine at all. Now I am craving this drug. I hardly use it at all. It was three months before the last two times I took one.

Should I tell my doctor? Should I tell my roommate?

Retired

Re: clonozapane cravings

I am usually anxious and I like how it makes me feel calm.....My psychdoc told me to take one as needed and 90% of my panic attacks...I just suffer through without taking any medicine at all

If your doctor prescribed the medication to relieve the symptoms of your anxiety and panic attacks, and you say you have found it to be effective, doesn't it seem logical that when you feel anxious, and knowing it can help, make you want to take the medication?

There should be no reason for anyone to suffer through a panic attack or anxiety attack when the medication has been prescribed by your doctor and is available.

Clonazepam is a minor tranquilizer in the benzodiazepine class of medications that when taken as directed by your doctor, for the length of time recommended by your doctor, is safe and effective in relieving your symptoms.

Why are you concerned?

Retired

By using the medication as your doctor has prescribed should pose no problem. This medication is used successfully by millions around the world for years to relieve symptoms. Your doctor, who understands your medical history and your needs has determined this medication is right for you, so you can confidently use it as needed.

Keep a line of communication open with your doctor, so you can report your progress, and that way you can optimize your treatment.

Do keep us posted on your progress.

I am getting better about using klonopin but still have my doubts about getting addicted. My doctor said that once (.5mg.) every four days won't get me addicted. He also said to take a 4 mg. of risperidone first so I won't get addicted to klonopin. I don't have to suffer through it.
The only downside is if I have to go anywhere the next day it makes me too sleepy to get up right away.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.