More threads by forgetmenot

sorry trying to look on line re clonazepam trying to find out what an over dose of this medication may be
i can't seem to find the answer i just want to know because my daughter god has taken oh too many i think im not sure though if someone knows please let me know okay i don't want to take her to hospital again that system has not worked for her i just want to know if she is going to be safe here thats all.

she took 20 0.5mg of clonazepam and hs been drinking notmuch though she j ust did this now so only 10mg overall of the clonezepam i don't think this is fatal i hope she can just go to sleep now i hope

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
she took 20 0.5mg of clonazepam and hs been drinking notmuch though she j ust did this now so only 10mg overall of the clonezepam i don't think this is fatal i hope she can just go to sleep now i hope

I think you'd better take her to see a doctor.

From Klonopin (Clonazepam) Drug Information: Uses, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Warnings at RxList:

OVERDOSE

Human Experience: Symptoms of clonazepam overdosage, like those produced by other CNS depressants, include somnolence, confusion, coma and diminished reflexes.

Overdose Management: Treatment includes monitoring of respiration, pulse and blood pressure, general supportive measures and immediate gastric lavage. Intravenous fluids should be administered and an adequate airway maintained. Hypotension may be combated by the use of levarterenol or metaraminol. Dialysis is of no known value.

Flumazenil, a specific benzodiazepine-receptor antagonist, is indicated for the complete or partial reversal of the sedative effects of benzodiazepines and may be used in situations when an overdose with a benzodiazepine is known or suspected. Prior to the administration of flumazenil, necessary measures should be instituted to secure airway, ventilation and intravenous access. Flumazenil is intended as an adjunct to, not as a substitute for, proper management of benzodiazepine overdose. Patients treated with flumazenil should be monitored for resedation, respiratory depression and other residual benzodiazepine effects for an appropriate period after treatment. The prescriber should be aware of a risk of seizure in association with flumazenil treatment, particularly in long-term benzodiazepine users and in cyclic antidepressant overdose. The complete flumazenil package insert, including CONTRAINDICATIONS, WARNINGS and PRECAUTIONS, should be consulted prior to use.
Flumazenil is not indicated in patients with epilepsy who have been treated with benzodiazepines. Antagonism of the benzodiazepine effect in such patients may provoke seizures.

Serious sequelae are rare unless other drugs or alcohol have been taken concomitantly.

oh thank you for information um okay i will monitor her idon't know what to do 20 mg can be given to someone in seizures she took 10mg i know 4mg for anxiety day okay iwill watch her if things get worse i will take her in i don't want to do this again thanks your for you help

no she has had only 2 vodka coolers only i know this much i am sorry your are right but i can't take her in i will monitor her thank you if she gets worse then i will get her dad to take her in dam it i can't do this again thank you for the reply i will do my best for her i will i just don't want her to get lock up i don't want that path again god ihear you i do.

---------- Post added May 23rd, 2010 at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was May 22nd, 2010 at 09:02 PM ----------

I phoned the poison control center told them all she had taken alcohol included her morning meds as well. She said if i stay with her all night and monitor her then that would be okay if icannot do this them i need to take her into emergency where they will watch her. I phoned so now i can be assured i have done the right thing by keeping her with me. It will be a long night but i have done it before No more will i leave her meds out she is an addict dam it no more willl i trust her to monitor her own meds. she had her chance and she blew it time for someone to keep her safe she cannot help herself her impulses are just too high.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.