More threads by 4electros

4electros

Hello.
Any suggestions or comments that cope with disconcentration?!

I really need such thing as i sometimes suffer from lacking of concentration.

thanks.

Misha

Re: concentration

Do you know what causes your inability to concentrate?
Having an eating disorder, I struggle with my concentration especially when my weight is down and I'm in starvation mode. I'm sure your reasons are your own, but here's some of my strategies:
-Divide tasks into parts. For example, when I do my dishes, I have to do cups, then go do something else, then small plates, take a break.... etc.
-Don't stop stimulating your brain. Read a book with short chapters... many self-help type books are actually written to accomodate a lack of concentration, and have very short sections you can read one at a time.

LOL!! Even now I'm losing concentration writing this message!! I just caught myself staring off into space.

-Evaluate how your medications affect your concentration. If you have meds that make concentration worse, see if you can time them with your doctor so that they are in a time of day you need to concentrate less.
-Some people find it helpful to have a "brainless" habit, like turning your ring or playing with a necklace, or fidgeting in some way. This keeps the brain stimulated while you focus on what it is that you are doing.

Well, hope those help. I understand your frustration.

4electros

hm...mostly in public with persons especially while learning or taking lessons.
I do find out the reasons that ensure that the others are better than me and they can do more things in a shorter period of time.

I don't know exactly....i can't concentrate on all my thougts all in one :)

Another thing i remembered now...many years ago i suffered from extreme sensitivity of computer namely computer games so that my eyes go red and burn.
But now i sometimes or manytimes have a headache and that makes me angry.

I'm very happy to post in this forum as i think in general are my thoughts would be meaningless and not worthy.

We could discuss further as i think
Thanks

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
A couple of things occur to me:

1. it might be anxiety-based, i.e., if being in public or around certain people makes you feel nervous or self-conscious or uncomfortable, that would interfere with concentration; or

2. it may have to do with what it is you're doing - for most people, it is more difficult to sustain concentration on something you find boring or less interesting.

4electros

Re: concentration

Read a book with short chapters... many self-help type books are actually written to accomodate a lack of concentration, and have very short sections you can read one at a time.

Do you know how could i get such books or things?!

We need more ideas about this subject,guys :)

thanks

Misha

I'll look in my library....
I'd try going to chapters or another big bookstore, and just browse around the self-help section (which in itself takes concentration!!).... You'll find something. It's so hard to recommend books without a thorough understanding of where someone is at. But I'll see what I can find.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.