More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Our brains are prediction machines. They look for patterns and statistical regularities everywhere. But when they can’t make sense of something, we experience anxiety. That’s where ritual comes in. Its repetitive actions help us cope.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

“remember/you can have what you ask for, ask for/ everything”

– Diane Di Prima, Revolutionary Letter #19

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Add fresh starts to your life. Whether it’s a new day, a new week, a new month, a new year … or simply a new attitude, make it a fresh start. Find the ways to renew yourself, whether it’s a make-over for you or your house, and find the inspiration for a new lease on life.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

If you’re feeling that your financial crisis is a form of personal failure, remind yourself that many, many people are in this situation as well. The situation itself is not a failure on your part, and working through it only demonstrates your strength.

If you’re concerned about the impact on your family, remind yourself that families can grow stronger and closer when they weather challenges together, and that this experience (although you may not have willingly chosen it) can make your family stronger, too.

If you’re stressed about the uncertainty of the future, remind yourself that these changes also bring opportunity; down the road, you may find yourself in an even better place. Even if you don’t have more money, you may have more happiness.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

That’s my part of the bargain—to widen the sense aperture and find a better experience. For the Universe’s part, I imagine it sending little gifts in return for my efforts—a great parking spot, the wave and smile of a colleague down the hall, a new local tour date for a favorite band.

I don’t actually think the Universe is moving cars or colleagues or tour schedules to accommodate me. It’s simply me noticing.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.