More threads by SoSo

SoSo

What has helped me is writing it down this past week, in wee bits and pieces, reading it a few times till it no longer hurts or makes me cry, then I carefully and slowly tear the paper up, a sort of 'ceremony of healing' I call it then discard the paper. I am only dealing with the lighter stuff right now, deal with the other as I become stronger.

feisty4me

blazerblue

I too write, I will write anything, conversations I need to say to someone, but Not really say to them, just write it down and get it off my chest.

I also use squishy balls to ground myself, very tangible, the smell of lavenader all help me ground, and stop the panic, pain and stress.

I also will read some of my affirmations. That helps me focus.

Just my ways......:grouphug:

Mari

MVP
H! I am not coping very well despite trying every strategy suggested to me. My new new doctor would like me to try cipralex which I agreed to although so far I just stare at the pills. I have previously had bad reaction to medications so I am always hesitant to try something new. If anyone could tell me something about cipralex it might help me feel less worried. Mari

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Cipralex is a relatively new SSRI. It tends to have fewer side-effects than others and fewer potential interactions with other medications you may be taking. If you're prone to side-effects, it's probably a good one to try.

What side-effects did you have previously and with which medications?

Mari

MVP
H! Of the medications I recall or have a record of are SERC, Paxil, Maxeran, and Apo-Oxazepam. All of them increased rather than decreased my symptons and I was not able to function. The worst was SERC which caused unbearable headache. I presently take 15 to 100 mg of gravol a day to relieve nausea and dizziness. Presently I am not functioning very well - unable to work, leave the house on my own, or talk with anyone other than my immediate family. I cry, sleep, very angry, sleep, cry, and do crossword puzzles. Mari

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I've never heard of SERC or Maxeran. Oxazepam is a tranquilizer, which are generally used to treat acute anxiety but may well make symptoms of depression worse.

Paxil is an SSRI but probably the worst of the available alternatives in that it has a short half life and a lot of ups and downs for many people, not to mention the worst side-effects and withdrawal effects.

Cipralex is not like Paxil or Oxazepam. It may well be a good choice for you to try.

Serenity

I've tried most anti-anxiety drugs under the sun over the past 20 some years and I have to admit, CIPRALEX is by far the best that I have ever taken. It began working well almost immediately and within 8 days, I felt completely back on my feet. I also experienced very few side effects, only low libido actually. While I am no longer on drugs, YIPEE, I would not hesitate to take this one again in a heartbeat if I needed it.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.