More threads by Cat Dancer

I don't feel nearly as depressed as I normally do which is good, but I've been thinking this is going to be as good as it gets and I feel pretty clear about that. And it's not very good. I think I'm pretty worthless and can't do anything right. But is this still depression speaking or is it actual truth and clarity about my life? I am still struggling with day to day life, day to day tasks and being unable to keep up with things is making me feel like I'm hopeless. But I don't know what is true and real? I've really been learning in therapy to ask myself about my thoughts and if they're true or not. Sometimes it's too confusing though.

---------- Post Merged at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Maybe the depression isn't real and I'm making it all up for attention? Maybe the world isn't real and this is all a bad dream? I hope so.

---------- Post Merged at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:56 PM ----------

I think a big problem I have is being isolated. I feel like I don't know what reality is and isn't. And it's partly where we live (very rural) and partly my anxiety that keeps me away from other people. So I feel like I don't know what is real. Or maybe something really serious is wrong? I am scared of losing touch with reality.

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I do think we have to accept good days and bad - accomplishing tasks, not beating ourselves up emotionally when our thoughts tell us that we are not good enough or should be doing more. Making up depression - I don't think so as it's not that much fun! Though if it makes you feel any better I have been accused of that. So is there something you could do to make your life less isolated in the rural community in which you live?

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Is there a mommy and me group for you and the kids? What about a library or a book club?

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I live in a rural area as well. In the fall there are always a few general interest courses starting up. This weekend I am taking a photography course. I also signed up to take a Spanish course this winter. Activities like this just help to keep me busy and stop me from focusing on negative thoughts.

I'm just so uncomfortable with myself, in my own body that being with other people is very hard. :( I don't know how to be comfortable with me.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.