More threads by kelsischanging

After more than a year of constant alcohol abuse... I decided enough is enough. I was about to have big problems at work...I was have serious physical problems, financial problems etc....I could not continue like this....AMA (against medical advice) I detoxed (kinda of 2ish days) by myself. It was horrible. I prayed for death. It was not just the physical symptoms but I had extreme paranoia...like the first night I thought someone was trying to break into my apartment and kill me and the next day at work (yes I went b/c I had to keep up appearances) at about 2:30pm...I thought my desk was falling forward (it's mounted to the wall) and all the paper were falling off. Last night I felt a big better (the paranoia was gone) but I still layed in my bed and cried. Today in the USA is the day before Thanksgiving. My employer let me leave at 3 instead of 5...I was supposed to go over at my parents' at 5 not 3...it was going to be a struggle anyway...my parents' drink daily, but to have that extra time...that extra time to go to my favorite bar....I wasn't strong enough. After the time I had been through. The physical side effects I have been dealing with for weeks (I have been throwing up blood for at least 5 weeks)....I still went to my favorite pub and had a drink...drinks...4...then I went to my parents...I'm there 10 minutes and my mom asks me if I want a glass of wine....I realized if I'm going to beat this or at least manage it...it's going to mean something NON-ALCOHOL planned every night!!!! Church, meeting with a friend, an AA meeting, something, every night!!! My parents' can't help me at this point b/c they drink every night...oh my...I can't believe that after two nights of praying for death b/c of no alcohol I would go back to it so quick...what power does it have over me?

W00BY

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
We go back and forward a bit before we finally make the move we want sometimes...

Everyone does this to a certain extent you just have to not let the the low points get you lower that is what alcohol is really good at as a very depressive substance.

You are now looking for possible triggers when you do finally feel you are on the path you want to be and identified total abstinence (in all areas of your life) as the way it needs to be...some people are not even that far along the path as this in dealing with their addiction.

A.A should be able to have a meeting everyday for you (or most days) and offer a lot of support when you need it ,for a while at least, and there may be people there who know of other things for you to get up to, mentally occupying yourself in a creative way can lead to all sorts of hidden abilities being realized!

Addiction offers limitation... personal endeavor is limitless once you start!

I think one thing I realized that I will have to be VERY intestinal about my recovery. Not just, ok I'm going to my parents' house and they will offer me wine but I should say no....NO...I have to tell my Mom NOT to even offer me wine. I have to have a plan for every single night. Monday night I do this...Tuesday night I go to this meeting ect....so I don't even have to think..."what am I going to do tonight to avoid alcohol?"...NO...it's already in place. I have a lot of people that love me and want to help me and see me succeed. They are willing to be the people I call at 10pm and say, I'm laying in my bed and I want to die b/c I want a drink, tell me you love me and tell me it will be ok...and they will. Basically, I need a better, no a concrete plan!!!!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.