More threads by kelsischanging

A couple of nights, I tried to get a few things done around the house before I started drinking wine and my hands started shaking pretty badly. If I'm scheduled late until 6:15pm by the time I get home, it's bad...The one night it was so bad I could not function until I had a glass and half of wine. I tried to start with an after work rehab program but they said they wouldn't admit me w/ out at least a week of inpatient detox and I'm beginning to believe they are right. I have anti anxity meds...would they help?? I JUST like today got an amazing new job and I can't just disappear for a week to detox inpatient...I have an appointment with a new place on Wednesday.

I'm hoping, when I start to shake that my anti-anxiety meds will calm that down. I really didn't realize it was this bad....I'm sitting here crying over how bad it is but then reaching for my wine glass to make myself feel better....I'm hoping the meds will make me better...to start my new job I HAVE to get more sleep than I am now....I'm drinking 5 hour energies every day which I know are messing me up since I have lab work done since I had gastric bypass....whatever.....I'lll just drink alcohol....then sleep a little.....then chug caffiene...then the cycle starts over....I feel like I'm killing myself more than when I was 436 pounds...

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I am not able to answer this Kelsey but just letting you know someone's listening....

Wonder, is there an alcohol support line you might be able to call to ask about this? Also just to have another listening ear who knows the ins and outs...

Or hopefully someone with this knowledge might post...

Hang in there x

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The answer is yes - withdrawing from a period of heavy-ish alcohol use or chronic alcohol abuse can most definitely include "the shakes".

It might also be a reaction to specific types of alcohol.

Either way, it's something you really need to view as a warning. And the cure is NOT more alcohol. All that will do is prolong the problem.

As said hun yes the shakes are from alcohol withdrawal and also hun the energy drinks they are not a wise choice ok they too can have symptoms if you are taking too much of them

Taking alcohol and energy drinks together are very very dangerous hun so dont' go there ok

There have been deaths due to alcohol consumption and energy drinks mixed please hun get the help you need to detox safely ok

It's just such a vicious cycle...alcohol at night that makes me stay up to the point where I only get 3-4 hours of sleep and then 5 hour energies and coffee in the morning so I can function....I have an appointment with a new rehab place on Wednesday....I'm hoping this is the answer.....

Hun lay off the energy drinks ok they will only cause you more agitation more shakes too as they have addictive trait to them as well.

cut back if you can ok and talk to your doctor about getting you some help. Get on medication that will help you decrease your alcohol consumption along with therapy.

This week I start my new rehab program for alcohol and I see my psychiatrist so that should be good...I see my family doctor in the next two weeks for my anual physical and I plan to be very honest with all of these professionals about everything. I'm very aware that all of these behaviors are not ok or healthy.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.