More threads by sweetsoleil

Hello!

Im not sure how common dissociative disorders are, but i was wondering if anyone has had integrated therapy (i think that is how you say it)
If so, maybe you could tell me your experience with it?

I have been seeing a team of professionals at Whitby shores since the end of the summer and now they would like me to go to Mount Sinai hospital in Toronto for an 8 week treatment before continuing at whitby shores. Any info on what i might expect would be greatly appreciated. (im trying to get courage to actually Do this...but i have no idea how i feel about anything at the moment, just fear mostly)

Thank you for reading, enjoy the nice weather

Hi I have not had such therapy but um i do think you should try hun. Mount Sinai hospital i heard have an excellent team there so don't let your fear get in the way hun of getting the help you need to heal ok Let us know how you are doing I know it is scary hun but you will be in the hands of professionals who will guide you through process
Hugs to you

DonRita

Don't overthink it. Go. Take one step, then another. If it is not for you, you will know and leave. If professionals who know you have recommended it then take the plunge. Ask them if you can go there for 1/2 a day to see what it's all about. Make this your Day 1 and check it out for yourself. It's okay to be scared, it's smart to be scared. Make this your challenge: I will do day one. What is the worst thing that can happen? Take a deep breath, say "I can do this" as you breathe out and take the plunge.

forgetmenot
Thank you for your kind words! ITs appreciated and i really do trust the professionals, its the fear of leaving my house and getting to Toronto that scares me most. Im really going to try though, i just wasnt expecting to have to go somewhere new and am not familiar with the treatment there, im still practicing getting to whitby each week and remembering where to go, the names of doctors etc, it can be a bit over whelming. I hope you are doing well :)

Donrita
Your words will definately help me, thank you! You are right, i can just just do one day if i want,,,i can leave it i want...but what i REALLY want more than anything is help so im going to use your idea and take each step as it comes. thank you kindly for your support :)

I hope you can get some support to go with you hun a medical worker or a family member. I know the go train is easy to take to Toronto Union Station then just get a taxi perhaps from there the Union Station to hospital but the staff there at union station will help you if you ask. Hugs to you hun

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.