More threads by pennylane

pennylane

When I was 6 or 7 I had a dream that I was being raped by my father. I was staying at his house that night and I rarely would stay there. In my dream i woke up and [[Edit: potential triggers]] then everything went black and i woke the next morning. My head hurt the next day like I had been knocked in the head. can children dream of sex? could it have really happened? Wouldn't I have known? wouldn't i have been sore if it happened? This has freaked me out for years. i need some honest opinions. Also I new what sex felt like after this dream how could that be?

Last edited by a moderator:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I'll try to respond to this later. In the meantime, read my other comments in "Sleep Dreams & Insomnia". It's generally a mistake to interpret dreams too literally.

Halo

Pennylane,

First of all, welcome to Psychlinks :welcome2: I am glad that you decided to join us :)

I wanted to direct you to a post by David Baxter lately on dreams that you may find helpful. It is found Here.

As David said, you may find a lot of helpful information and articles in the Sleep, Dreams & Insomnia.

Again, glad to have you here and hope to see you around :wave:

pennylane

I'm not totally sure it was a dream...I remember waking up and he was on top of me...then things went black and I remember waking up the next morning. My dad was physically abusive (hitting) when I was a teen and one time when I was 14 or 15 he asked me to take my pants and underware down so he could spank me which is strange because he never spanked he only hit. I am wondering can children dream about sex at that young of an age when they don't know what sex is?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.