More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

As long as you have canned salmon and eggs, you can whip them up anytime. The remaining ingredients are very flexible.

1651374870712.jpg
-------------

1651372602527.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Uses olive oil instead of mayo:

1651374602989.jpg

Ingredients

12 to 14 medium Yukon or red potatoes
½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
3 scallions, chopped
⅓ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Love burritos and enchiladas? With these hearty burritos, smothered in enchilada sauce, you never have to choose a favorite! They come together in one skillet for a quick dinner that’s packed with Mexican flavor.

For a fun twist, swap 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained and rinsed, for the refried beans.

1651375240920.jpg

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I love burritos and enchiladas and this recipe looks relatively easy to make.

Unfortunately, my digestive system often reacts poorly to ground meats (so many of my old favorite meals had to be added to my "do not eat" list after my colon surgery in 2014) but I might give this one a try. Maybe I could try taking Lomotil before eating them and see if that works.

Thanks for posting this, Daniel. It looks delicious! :)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Marinated Mushrooms
Makes 4, 1/4-cup servings
Prep time: 10 minutes + refrigeration
Cook time: 5 minutes
  • 8 oz button mushrooms or other varieties
  • 1 tsp canola oil
  • 1 T olive or canola oil
  • 2 T vinegar
  • 1 T lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 green onion, sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Ground black pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Clean mushrooms by brushing off particles, then rinse quickly. Slice mushrooms into quarters. In a medium skillet, heat the 1 teaspoon of canola oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until slightly soft but not limp.

In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add the sautéed mushrooms and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving, if desired.

Serve on French bread slices as an appetizer. May also be served as a topping for garden salads or as a side dish or garnish for meats.
Nutrition information per serving: 60 Calories, 5 g Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 4 g Carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g Protein, 135 mg Sodium.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Extremely easy:

:D

Canadian website:

Here in the US, I am using Instacart to buy groceries, including ready-made meals, at Sprouts grocery (for curbside pickup). During a limited-time promotion for Instacart, I get 30% off when paying with the Cash App (which is only available in the US).

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Broccoli Parmesan Pasta​

Journal as: 1 cup starch without added fat + 1/2 cup vegetables without added fat + 1 teaspoon oil

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup broccoli florets, lightly steamed or microwaved
2 cups cooked and well-drained angel hair pasta (or other cooked pasta)
Salt to taste
Couple of pinches of crushed pepper flakes (or to taste)
1/8 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

• Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic until lightly golden, stirring often (about 1-2 minutes). Add broccoli and pasta and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes.
  • Add salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
  • Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top. Turn off heat and let rest about a minute before serving.
Yield: 2 servings

Per serving: 300 calories, 11.5 g protein, 47 g carbohydrate, 8.5 g fat (1.5 g saturated fat, 5.1 g monounsaturated fat, 1.2 g polyunsaturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber, 59 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 25%.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

aveggiesandwich5-1-of-1PROCESS.jpg

aveggiesandwich11-1-of-1MAIN.jpg

Here are a few suggestions to stay with the Mediterranean theme.
  • Toast the bread before adding the ingredients.
  • Instead of bread, make your sandwich on a crusty whole grain baguette or pita bread.
  • Replace the hummus with pesto sauce or add the pesto sauce to the hummus.
  • Veggie ideas: marinated mushrooms, shredded carrots, red onions, roasted peppers, sun dried tomato
[Panera Bread also uses picked red onions in their sandwiches.]
"Good food doesn’t have to be fancy. My day-to-day favourite is a sandwich made with black pumpernickel bread, Swiss cheese, lettuce, mustard mayo, Black Forest ham, a few sliced pickles and a dollop of grape jelly."

~ Dan Aykroyd

More sandwich recipes, including a MLT (mushroom lettuce tomato):

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes

The concept is simple:

Baked sweet potatoes – cut in half to shorten cooking time
Seasoned, roasted chickpeas
Garlic-herb sauce
Parsley-tomato salad for garnish

The result is a 30-minute lunch or dinner that’s both satisfying, savory and sweet, and seriously healthy.

meal-thats-flavorful-and-filling-vegan-glutenfree1.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
The stuffed shells at Olive Garden are luxuriously creamy. There are also stuffed-shell recipes with mushrooms and spinach.

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Ingredients
for 4 servings
  • 14 oz chickpeas, 1 can
  • 1 cup baby spinach
  • 3 artichoke hearts
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 3 tablespoons tahini sauce
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Preparation
  1. Add chickpeas, spinach, artichoke hearts, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and seasonings to the bowl of a 2-quart food processor. Blend until smooth.
  2. While blending, slowly add in the olive oil until hummus is creamy and smooth.
  3. Garnish with a few leaves of spinach, additional chopped artichoke hearts, and a drizzle of olive oil.
  4. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Last edited:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.