Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Some recipes from an Instant Pot cookbook author:

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

I have eaten hundreds of lunches that practically bored me to tears...The problem, I eventually realized, with many of my meals was that they were dry.

Even hummus, though not a sauce, brightens up most any lunch. Your dip, condiment, or sauce should work hard to make any meal, no matter how simple, feel fancy.

I’ve found that spicy sauces tend to make even cold lunches more exciting, and a simple lemon-tahini mixture is hard to get tired of. Your tastes, however, will dictate your own meal-prep preferences.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Homemade Thin-Crust Pizza​

Yield: Serves 4, Makes 2 (10-inch) pizzas

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 16 minutes to 24 minutes

Ingredients

For the dough:​

• 3/4 cup lukewarm water
  • 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided

For the toppings:​

• 1/2 cup pizza sauce, such as classic red sauce or a white sauce
  • 1 to 2 cups shredded cheese: one or a combination of mozzarella, provolone, Parmesan, fontina, romano, or asiago cheese
  • Topping options: sautéed onions or mushrooms, sliced red peppers, pepperoni, cooked sausage, cooked bacon, etc.
5f21ad7fe573a.jpg

Last edited:

Rosie2x

Homemade Thin-Crust Pizza​

Yield: Serves 4, Makes 2 (10-inch) pizzas

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 16 minutes to 24 minutes

Ingredients

For the dough:​

• 3/4 cup lukewarm water
  • 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided

For the toppings:​

• 1/2 cup pizza sauce, such as classic red sauce or a white sauce
  • 1 to 2 cups shredded cheese: one or a combination of mozzarella, provolone, Parmesan, fontina, romano, or asiago cheese
  • Topping options: sautéed onions or mushrooms, sliced red peppers, pepperoni, cooked sausage, cooked bacon, etc.
5f21ad7fe573a.jpg
tasty omgg

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

The salad can be made up to 4 hours ahead.

1402515864726.jpg

What is Panzanella? Panzanella is a Tuscan bread salad, usually dressed with a balsamic and olive oil vinaigrette. Traditionally, it was made with cubes of stale bread.

Last edited:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
When I was a young child and money was tight, my mother used to keep stale bread to make something she called "pobs" (which years later I assumed was short for "pieces of bread") by cutting the bread into cubes, pouring hot milk over them, and adding cinnamon and sugar. Tasted yummy. :)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Ingredients​

• ¼ cup olive oil

• 6 cups sliced green cabbage (from 1 small head cabbage)

• 1 medium sweet onion, sliced (about 2¼ cups)

• 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 8 medium potatoes), peeled and chopped

• 3 medium carrots, chopped (about 1½ cups)

• 6 cups vegetable broth

• 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided

• 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar

• ¾ cup sour cream

• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Or just go to Olive Garden and get togo containers after having unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks :D

Actually, Olive Garden is my favorite restaurant along with Taco Bell. Olive Garden for the addictive breadsticks, homemade minestrone soup, and perfectly cooked salmon. The salad is good too, but they sell their wonderfully salty salad dressing at the grocery stores. I love the $10 lunch specials too, and their occasional deal where you can buy pasta to take home for $5 (or $7 in Canada).

And I still like Taco Bell more than most "authentic" Mexican restaurants because of Taco Bell's black bean selections. (My husband is friends with a Taco Bell manager, so I recently acquired an exclusive Taco Bell hoodie, which I love wearing :))

But I rarely go to Subway anymore since I make my own subs now with whole-wheat hoagie rolls from the grocery store bakery. It tastes even better than Subway if I use premium cheeses from the deli or pickled onions, etc.

Last edited:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I love Taco Bell as well, although I don't get to go there these days. Subway is great when the breads and other ingredients are fresh. They need better mandatory quality control over their franchisees. But there is one really good one not far from me.

I've never been a fan of The Olive Garden, though I have many friends that are. I find their food to be okay but nor great for their pries. Mind you, that's up here in Ottawa and I've only been to one of their restaurants. Maybe that's a quality control issue as with Subway?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.