More threads by David Baxter PhD

Similar threads

Found a private teacher to help us out and a private part time program, sorry for posting this problem here. Please, ignore if you find my previous post negative. Thank you all.
Replies
Views
One of the best ways to learn to hold your values lightly is to practice self-compassion. This is a practice that I learned from Kristin Neff. Self-compassion is not self-pity. Self-pity is feeling sorry for yourself. Self-compassion is being kind to yourself. Self-compassion is not self-indulgence. Self-indulgence is doing things to soothe yourself that are not good for you. Self-compassion is being kind to yourself. Self-compassion is not self-esteem. Self-esteem is judging yourself...
Replies
Views
Finding a Balance between Optimism and Pessimism by Darlene Marshall, Positive Psychology News Jan 30, 2021 “While you can’t control your experiences, you can control your explanations.” ~ Martin E.P. Seligman It’s been 23 years since Seligman’s original publication of Learned Optimism, in which he describes optimism and pessimism as explanatory styles rather than dispositional traits. In Seligman’s model, optimists can see the limited context and duration of their problems. They also do...
Replies
Views
Why Finding Your Purpose Is Important When Battling Depression by Jasmine L. Bennett, World of Psychology Feb 5, 2020 When your mood is at the lowest of low, it’s hard to even think that someone loves you or cares about you. You feel like you’re unnoticed by everyone. It’s hard to even think that anyone wants to have you around, and you may even feel like you’re a burden to everyone. In reality, you do have value and a meaning in life. Everyone is imperfect and everyone makes...
Replies
Views
Finding Peace in the Dark Corners of Your Life by Wendy Leeds, Tiny Buddha June 4, 2019 "The mind can go in a thousand directions, but on this beautiful path, I walk in peace. With each step, the wind blows. With each step, a flower blooms." ~Thich Nhat Nanh It’s easy to feel peaceful and positive when the sun is shining and life is going your way. It’s a different matter when you’re alone, afraid, sick, or so tired you have trouble getting out of bed in the morning. As a...
Replies
Views