More threads by Halo

Halo

Is it just me or is the forum slow today with a lot of Database Errors? Just trying to figure out whether it is my computer or the forum.

Thanks

Halo

Thanks TSOW. I am glad to know that it is not just my computer.

I know David was tinkering around yesterday with different options etc. and maybe he tinkered a little too much :lol:

Halo

Actually to come to think of it ya I did too. Wow my memory must be short because I forgot that it was happening yesterday too :eek:

Retired

The problem is that the elves who usually service the server on which Psychlinks is located are all out helping Santa prepare for the big day.

ThatLady

It must be the forum's server, since I'm running into the same problems on cable. Maybe somebody forgot to feed the hamsters? :panic:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
It's nothing I did. I am trying to prod the tech support people into action. This has been happening intermittently for the past week or so.

Retired

OK, so now that the subject has been brought up, are there differences or similarities between gnomes and elves? :confused:

Are they genetically linked, do they have similar racial origins?

Elves appear to be skilled in technological and engineering endeavors...what skils do gnomes bring?

It's a slow night down here in Central Florida :eek:

ThatLady

Gnomes are tinkerers. Rather than engineer the project, they'd much prefer to build it. The gnome is just the little guy to create a mountain from that molehill the mole had such big dreams for. :)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I am in the process of setting up new hosting. This is getting ridiculous. :rant:

I'll be moving to a new host with virtual private hosting rather than shared hosting. This will give me much better control over resources and uptime.

Halo

I just thought I would post and say that the forum is now running super fast for me this morning. David I knew you could work your magic....did you find your magic wand again? :D

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
If by "David I knew you could work your magic....did you find your magic wand again?" you mean "Did you whine a lot, send repeated emails to tech support, and finally get real cranky with them", why yes... yes I did...

But I'm still changing servers. I'm tired of being at the mercy of other webmasters on shared hosting. We are going to be going to a Virtual Private Server as soon as I can get it all figured out. I already have the new account set up.

Halo

If by "David I knew you could work your magic....did you find your magic wand again?" you mean "Did you whine a lot, send repeated emails to tech support, and finally get real cranky with them", why yes... yes I did...

David, your not suppose to give away your secrets when you wave that wand :lol: Magical things happen on the forum and we are suppose to think that YOU just made them happen :D

I hope the changing of servers isn't much of a hassle for you and that things go smoothly. Good luck :)

Sounds good our own private server:) maybe we should call you the Wizard of OZ ( i know your in Canada but that dont sound right hasnt got the same ring to it):D

Halo

I was going to say Wizard of Can.....but I re-thought that and it kind of makes him sound like the master of the bathroom :rofl: Not quite the same ring as you said...will have to keep thinking of a new name :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.