More threads by Lana

Lana

I have a friend who constantly sends me these "forward to the world or you'll get the worst of luck" emails. They annoy the **** out of me, but this one was nice. So, rather then populating the email boxes around the world, I thought I'd share it here. But, by all means, if anyone wants to share it with someone else that's not a member, feel free. :)
ONE. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

TWO. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.

THREE. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.

FOUR. When you say, 'I love you,' mean it.

FIVE. When you say, 'I'm sorry,' look the person in the eye.

SIX. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.

SEVEN. Believe in love at first sight.

EIGHT. Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much.

NINE. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.

TEN.. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.

ELEVEN. Don't judge people by their relatives.

TWELVE. Talk slowly but think quickly.

THIRTEEN! .. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, 'Why do you want to know?'

FOURTEEN. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

FIFTEEN. Say 'bless you' when you hear someone sneeze.

SIXTEEN. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

SEVENTEEN. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

EIGHTEEN. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

NINETEEN. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

TWENTY. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice

TWENTY- ONE. Spend some time alone.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
You are right Lana, this is a nice one. Thanks for sharing it :)

I have a friend who constantly sends me these "forward to the world or you'll get the worst of luck" emails. They annoy the **** out of me,

This bothers me too, as I always think why would one want to pass bad luck onto someone else? Although, luckily I am not supersticious about it, I still get offended by the idea. I don't necessarly think most think of it that way though.

What I do, if I get a nice one that has a bad luck "warning" on it. I delete that part of it before forwarding it on. Although I rarely do forward on things.

Thanks for sharing this one Lana. Good life advice :hug:

I agree NN ,
I delete them imeadiately , as I really don't like being mentally manipulated this way , and heck you are right why would any one want to load anyone else with
guilt and doom wishes ?????????

amastie

I agree with you all about forwarding such emails but I also receive some funny or nice ones. So, like NN, I delete any reference to bad fortune or sending it on and share it just as I would ordinary ones.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.