More threads by JohnnieApples

Hello all. I have recently been diagnosed with schizophrenia and am currently on OW. My psychiatrist has filled out the odsp forms highlighting my problems (audio/visual hallucinations, delusions, paranoia, etc..) and am am wondering what the possibility of getting ODSP is? I am truly unable to work.

Another question is that I have submitted my papers about 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything about them receiving them, is this normal? I know there is usually a waiting period.

Last question, I am currently on OW and if I am approved for ODSP do I have to show my financial statements again? and if so how many months back do they need for bank statements?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I'm not sure about the bank statements part of it but ODSP will tell you what you need.

It takes time for ODSP to process applications, up to several months in some cases. However, this partly depends on your documentation. I wouldn't hurt to get your financial records ready in case they want them again.

For individuals with a diagnosis of schizophrenia, ODSP is pretty much always approved though, so it's probably just a matter of waiting for the bureaucratic wheels to grind through your application materials.

Mari

MVP
With support from your psychiatrist you will hopefully qualify for assistance. It would be good to keep financial records just in case. Did you get a signature to support that you submitted the application? You can also call the office to find out if they received your application and ask how long you might have to wait for a decision. Good-luck.

Ministry of Community and Social Services
Ontario Disability Support Program
Income and Employment Supports
199 Larch Street, 5th Floor
Sudbury ON P3E 5P9

Tel: (705) 564-4515
Toll Free: 1-800-461-1167
TDD/TTY: (705) 564-3233
TDD/TTY Toll Free: (866) 883-8689

Thanks for info, I called the DAU and they informed me that my application was received, said it can take up to 90 business days to make a decision... oh well, the waiting game begins.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.