More threads by Banned

Hi Turtle - I'm sorry you didn't get the feedback you were hoping for from your therapist. I know how very deeply it hurts when a therapist doesn't or can't meet your expectations. My heart goes out to you. :support:

But to be at a point where you are ready to wind up therapy - wow! Congratulations! You must be so proud of yourself and how far you've come.:2thumbs:

Banned

Banned
Thanks Buffy. I do feel like I've made immense progress and it's entirely possible I've just outgrown this therapist. I believe a person can always find a reason to start/stay in therapy, so it's not a matter of thinking I'm fine, but more a matter of I've gone as far as I'm going to go right now.

A break is definitely in order. How long that will last, it's hard to say. It'll depend how well I can weather the next crisis in my life alone, I suppose. It'll depend how long until my next bout of suicidal ideation takes over, although I can get through that alone now. I dunno...let's see how long I can stand on my own two feet for...

Halo

It'll depend how well I can weather the next crisis in my life alone, I suppose.

As I am sure that you know, you are never alone in a crisis as we are always here for you to weather the storm and help get you through.

Take care and good luck with whatever decision you make.
:hug: :hug:

Banned

Banned
I talked to her today (well, texted would be more accurate). I'm on break for at least a month, barring any crises. If I need to I can call her, but otherwise I'll touch base in a month and figure out next steps from there.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.