More threads by Retired

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
SG said:
My eyes *are* playing tricks on me, or they are not? I hear you saying they are, and then saying that my "perception is correct." I'm confused. All I know is everything is clearer, and if this is attributable to "ClearType" (whatever that is), then life is fine.
Sorry. I left out the word "not" above... corrected it now. :eek:

Halo

Okay I have to admit that I am not getting more and more intrigued with trying "the switch". I am not completely convinced yet but am contemplating it and will let you all know how it goes when I decide to take the plunge :D

stargazer

Well, this "ClearType" thing is so far the reason I like it. I've seen this kind of font appearance on other browsers but never on my own & I haven't known how to adjust the settings to get it. Probably one can do this on IE6 too.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
You can also download and install the freeware ClearType Tuner from Microsoft, one of the so-called Windows XP PowerToys. That will enable ClearType and help you select the best settings for your system and monitor for all Windows applications - all from your Windows Control Panel.

Halo

Well I couldn't hold off any longer and I finally downloaded the IE7. It definitely is different from what I am use to but so far no problems...mind you it has only been about a half hour. Anyway, will let you know what I think after I have used it for a while. Yes SG, I do see what you are saying about the clearer fonts....nice :)

stargazer

One of the schools where I worked in San Jose had these same clear fonts on their computers, and that was the first time I'd encountered them. They really do make things nice.

Halo

Well I have to say that after downloading IE7 last night I really didn't have any problems and everything seemed to work clearly once I learned how to navigate where I was going :eek::

So far so good and I do like the new look...change is good sometimes :)

Retired

The issue of unexpected behaviour with my email client, Express Plus and IE7 seems to be an issue with Express Plus. Conveniently this issue is resolved in the new improved version of this company's email client, sold as an upgrade, and timed to coincide with the introduction of IE7.

I never cease to be amazed by coincidences :rolleyes:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.