More threads by Retired

Retired

Fired From A Job is an article that explores various resources and strategies after being terminated from employment.

The Job Loss Checklist provides information on what to do immediately following termination:

When you have lost your job, it's important to check on compensation due, benefits, references, and unemployment. If you have been fired or laid-off and haven't been informed about benefits, contact the Human Resources department at your former employer or your manager to request information on the status of your benefits. Your state department of labor may also be able to inform you about what you are entitled to receive.

How To Handle A Termination includes valuable information on how to get back on your feet and start again.

Links to various articles on "Getting Fired" can be found HERE

U.S. Department of Labor: Termination Laws and Regulations

tryindbt

After reading one of the articles you posted it sounds like I could be wrongfully terminated because I was told I was fired for saying that the manager was a bad manager. I didn't say that, but they assumed that by my asking a question. So, not sure what I can do about that.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
After reading one of the articles you posted it sounds like I could be wrongfully terminated because I was told I was fired for saying that the manager was a bad manager. I didn't say that, but they assumed that by my asking a question. So, not sure what I can do about that.

Probably nothing since they also cited repeated tardiness as a reason.

tryindbt

Okay, that's what I thought too. But not even though i told them I was recently prescribed a sleeping medication that was helping with my insomnia? It was not really a prescription, my doctor told me I could take an over the counter sleeping pill. He okay'd the brand and dosage. He then did prescribe something for the migraines (which he said were tension headaches) due to not sleeping and because I was stressed that my grandfather was in the hospital.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Some of the questions you are asking asre legal questions. I'm not a lawyer and I won't even attempt to give you legal advice. If you think you might have a case for wrongful dismissal, you should consult a lawyer in your area.

But be careful - launching a wrongful dismissal suit may give a negative impression to future potential employers.

tryindbt

You are right..I just wish I could do something about it. I understand you cannot offer legal advice. I was just asking to ask.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Plus, I wouldn't want to go back there after this.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.