More threads by Retired

Retired

The Holiday Season, and New Years usually bring out the alcohol. Is there a good way to avoid getting a hangover other than abstinence? :confused:

What about cures for hangover pain once the hangover is underway :yuk:

You may wish to check out this podcast from CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta titled "Hangover Help"

Even with a high speed connection, this video can take almost a minute before it begins playing

You don't need an iPod to view this short video, as it will play in your browser.

iPod users can download it using iTunes.

If you drink during the Holidays, please don't drive. Select a designated driver who will not drink and will get everyone home safe. We want to see you back here on Psychlinks in the New Year.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I haven't had to worry about that in a lot of years but back in my 20s my remedy used to be two aspirins and a family size coca cola BEFORE going to bed.

I know, I know... :panic:

But it worked. :D

I couldn't get it to work, said file type unknown! I dont drink anymore, havent for about 7 years, but when I use to my cure was two fizzy high dosage vit C tablets before going to bed, I use to have to force them down:) but always woke up okay the next morning :)

ThatLady

I seem to remember something from those bygone days when I actually indulged in alcoholic beverages about taking vitamin B12 before drinking, along with vitamin C. That was supposed to help. It's been so long, I don't remember whether it did, or not. :D

just mary

There really is no way to prevent a hangover.

You can lessen its effects however by drinking lots of water and eating fruit -and not doing anything the next day - specifically work. Just sleep.

Or you can remember the way you felt during your last hangover, all sweaty, shakey, irritable and icky - this will also prevent a hangover because you won't want to go near the stuff. Of course this doesn't work for everyone. :eek:

Retired

I couldn't get it to work, said file type unknown!

TTE,

You need a viewer for the video file to play. I know that Apple Quicktime will play that file (free download from Apple for PC) and perhaps other viewers such as Real, but I am not sure.

I've never had a hangover so i guess my remedy is prevention it's always sounded awful and i never had any desire to try it out!

Being one who experiences the heartbreak of migraine :eek: I discovered a while back that when I drank alcohol I would get a hangover with the added bonus of a migraine.

I am now the official designated driver....hand me an orange juice :cool:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
just mary said:
you can remember the way you felt during your last hangover, all sweaty, shakey, irritable and icky - this will also prevent a hangover because you won't want to go near the stuff. Of course this doesn't work for everyone.
That's what did it for me, back in my 20s. That's how I learned what moderation meant. :D

Halo

For me what truly cures a hangover is to get up the next morning and have another drink of whatever you were drinking the night before. Just one drink will do it...no sweats, shakes, irritability....no hangover...no problem. :D

At least this is what works for me on girls ski weekend :lol:

Halo

I am glad that you both like my new avatar and yes it is still the masks except for these ones are starting to crack and fracture. It took me a while to find but when I saw it I knew that it fit me perfectly at this point in my life.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.