More threads by Cat Dancer

The new therapist said what the old therapist did sounded like it was a trauma in itself. :( It has felt very traumatic. Very painful. I told him I don't want to do to him whatever it was that I did to my old therapist to make this happen.

I am so wary and scared with this therapy. I was before, but in a different way.

And I'm scared of looking like I just want his sympathy and that I am a victim to be pitied and coddled. I want him to know all the badness of me. I don't want him to think I'm innocent of anything and don't deserve pain and suffering. I want him to know the truth about me, the awful truth. Maybe the other therapist couldn't see it and that's where we got messed up. I don't know.

GDPR

GDPR
And I'm scared of looking like I just want his sympathy and that I am a victim to be pitied and coddled. I want him to know all the badness of me. I don't want him to think I'm innocent of anything and don't deserve pain and suffering.

Wow.That is almost exactly the same thing that I said to my therapist recently.

He said I am a victim,and it's very common for victims to think that way and blame themselves.

I guess that just proves he's right.....

I don't want his sympathy or him seeing me as a victim. If that happens I don't think I will go back. I want his advice on coping and that is it. I can't have someone be nice to me again and be hurt by losing that someday before I'm ready.

---------- Post Merged at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Oh I talked to a former pastor about therapy. he said I should definitely see a christian counselor. I am thinking NO WAY. I don't know what this guy is and don't care. I think the christian counselor I had was not christian at all in the end. I would rather not have anything to do with that kind of therapy. I can handle my own spirituality myself, thank you very much. I know I'm bitter. I go from being bitter to being hurt to not caring. Sigh. I don't know. I just wish I could wipe out those whole seven years.

No CD you learn from what you went through just ok what you will and will not accept now

you set some boundaries and you let this new therapist guide you trust i know is hard but only through trying can you get stronger
This therapist understands and listens both good traits to have in a therapist give it time CD ok don't let that mind of yours take over ok with negative thoughts

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.